Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Runs with scissors!
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I've wanted to build an FFR for a few years and now that my motorcycle roadracing career is over I have the spare time (and $$) to do it. I've already found my donor (91 5.0 T5 for $2200) and plan to spend the next few months stripping it and rebuilding all the goodies so that I can have everything ready when the kit arrives.

My main question is about the wiring harness. First - can anyone tell me what option 14227 "stand alone EFI harness" includes? I am not looking forward to taking the harness out of the donor and making it work so I have been thinking about using a "Painless" generic harness, but I am wondering what the above option includes so I don't over/under buy from Painless.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Glenn

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Runs with scissors!
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by NAGA:
What options do you have with your kit? Can't you get the Painless harness in the cost of the kit if you tell them you're going carbed? Then get the new EFI Engine harness from Chris.

d
I haven't ordered the kit yet, I wanted to lurk/read some more first.

I'm unsure what, if any, wiring comes with the kit. Based on what I've read so far I assumed it is virtually none, but I could be way off. Either way, I'd much rather spend whatever is needed to start fresh with brand new wiring, I just need to figure out where to buy what parts of it.

I sent an email to the FFR tech email address last week about this but haven't seen a reply yet.

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
I believe a carb kit will include the harness but it won't work with FI and you pay the extra for it.

If you're stripping the donor ahead of time, it's really not that much work to remove the harness. Put up parts on Craigslist that are coming off your car. Someone will buy your way out of the parts that are coming out. Once the interior and dash are out, pulling the harness out of the thing isn't hard.

Then your choice is to send it out to one of the guys here that do an excellent job paring it down or take the time and do it yourself. It's time, not difficulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.