Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’ve been visiting the forum for a while and think it’s time to introduce myself.

I’ve always wanted to build one these cars, but thought of it as a “someday” project. Two years ago I met a woman who made me realize I didn’t have to wait until retirement to make that dream a reality, so I asked her to marry me. We’ll wed this July and, if everything goes to plan, we’ll start building this winter. I’ve already learned a ton by reading the posts and, while I don’t have a lot of experience, I’m eager to start.

See you in the threads.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Welcome to you both. Come see us in Greensboro.We have never done a wedding registry but could. We wiil be in the Manufacturers Midway by the pit row gate at Charlotte Speedway April 8-11 with a full line up of FFR's including the new MK4.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,470 Posts
Jim,
Y'all should join the local Cobra Club. you don't have to have a car to be part of it. If they are like our Club, we always have empty seats for our cruises. I'm sure you can get a ride and see what Cobras are all about. Plus you can see several brands of car and the Mod.s the guys have made.
AND don't forget we love lots of pictures when you get it.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Congrats to both of you,and I'll be watching for pictures.Roger

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the madness. I look forward to meeting you and offering what experience I have. There are a lot of guys in the Charlotte area who have a lot more experience than me, as well. Most of us should be at the Auto FAir in April. Hopefully, you'll have a wife like mine who new what she was getting into when she married me. Before we got married, she was helping me install weather stripping on a 240z that I was restoring. I knew she was a keeper..
Congrats on this new stage of your life,
ken

·
Super Moderator
29,406 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts