Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... So, I got bit by Eddie aka NiceGuyEddie's Cobra a little over a year ago and just recently I've decided to take the plunge and sell all my two wheel toys for an FFR.

I thought about building one but having a newborn entering our lives would only result in boxes unopened and selling the kit after a year of sitting. So, I've decided to purchase a completed car and hopefully the one I'm working on pans out. Don't want to jinx anything yet so I'll post again after the completion of the transaction.

This sounds like a fun group of guys, hope to meet some of you in the future.

Ken:thumbup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome!

Excellent, Ken. I went to the HB event earlier this year, and actually seeing the built cars really helped me decide to go ahead and get a kit. Then, I had to decide - Roadster or Coupe? Then it was Roadster or the 33. Then I saw the GTM. . . . After a lot of thinking, I decided to get a Coupe kit. Let us know what you got when the deal is done!

Kit delivery is coming soon - next few weeks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent, Ken. I went to the HB event earlier this year, and actually seeing the built cars really helped me decide to go ahead and get a kit. Then, I had to decide - Roadster or Coupe? Then it was Roadster or the 33. Then I saw the GTM. . . . After a lot of thinking, I decided to get a Coupe kit. Let us know what you got when the deal is done!

Kit delivery is coming soon - next few weeks!
That's awesome, can't wait to see the coupe all done up. I think I'll build one down the road, but with starting a new family, I think buying a completed one is a better option for me.

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
on various motorcycles of sorts, he's got about 1,235 laps at Willow Springs and knows every bump, dip, and pothole, so prepare to LOSE to a Newbie

cheers,

p.s. - i can't believe Kenny really bought one, but oh so glad.

:)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome! and nice car! I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it. You need to post details, though. As Marty said, looking forward to meeting and a drive. Keep checking into the Socal region threads.

Like the Bullitt wheels too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Tom, so here's whats underneath her...

M-6007 XE3M 302 Crate
Ford TKO-500 5 speed
Mass-Flo Electronic Fuel Ignition
Mallory Fuel Pressure Regulator
Mallory ProMaster E-coil
Independent Rear Suspension
Dodge's Patriot Blue Paint
Fat-Mat Sound deadening
Kirkey racing seats
Russ Thompson Turn Signal System
Breeze Automotive 4- Position seat mounts
FFMetal Expanded footbox
Wilwood Pedal Box Assembly
Vintage Air heater with Defroster

What I WANT to do:
Foot box vents
Foot box heat insulation
ceramic coat the side pipes and delete the heat shield
clutch pedal adjust, too much play, could be bad cable
AND DRIVE HER...

·
Registered
11,831 Posts

i had a rip-roaring riot working on someone else's car.... having gone thru three clutch cables myself, i knew exactly what to do. we fixed this in no time and went for a little spin.

there are loads of little things to do, gonna be fun!

·
Registered
567 Posts
You'll love those Kirkeys. Nothing like staying put in your seat during fast corners. There's always little things to do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.