Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Patrick and I have a car problem.

It all started, like most of you, back when I was a kid. My dad asked me to help him work on the car instead of my older brother. I can still remember it well. There is nothing like your first fix, been chasing that feeling ever since.

My problem has recently escalated and I went and ordered the pieces of a car... unassembled. "Gasp" One without a radio, power windows or even power brakes. My coworkers are concerned for my wellbeing. I don't think I can repeat my father's language on here in regards to what he said when he found out.

Well... I guess it is time I detailed my addition. She comes in the form of a Gen 3 Factory Five Type 65 Coupe complete kit and she is in a Stewart Transport truck headed my way now. I can't take my mind off her. She is a real beauty, so beautiful if fact that my wife does not begrudge me staring at pictures of her. Her engine is going to set my heart racing like a modern Mustang but her AC will keep me cool when things get hot. She is going to be light on her 18 in feet with her double adjustable control and I can't wait to take her dancing. She loves doughnuts as much as me, which is a lot, but her preferred beverage is a little higher octane then I can stomach. I plan to take her to the mountains and on summer getaways.

I know I have a problem and that I will probably never be free from it, but I don't know that I ever want to be. Thanks for letting me share.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
welcome and tell us more about the plan
David W

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,708 Posts
Welcome to the madness. You will have a great time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I want to drive my coupe build on nice days and up into the mountains for some canyon cruising. I do enjoy AutoX and plan to do some track days here and there. Probably get into doing some time trials but I don't think I will be doing any door to door racing in it. Heat and I don't get along so I am planning on doing as much heat insolation as I can and AC. I may put a barrier between the back hatch and the cockpit as well.

Gen 3 Complete Kit
Black powder coating
Body cut outs
GPS gauge set
Coyote mounts
Long tube headers
31 spline Coyote T-56 Magnum w/IRS
Competition aluminum high back racing seats(I am tempted to go aftermarket)
Coyote Power Steering Components 2015 Mustang IRS
AC heater defroster
Windshield wipers
Carpet kit
Battery cutoff switch
Coyote install kit
Nose scoops
EFI fuel system
Koni double adjustable shocks
Front and rear anti-sway bars
2015 Mustang IRS rear brakes
18 or 19 inch wheels TBD

I was thinking of doing a Coyote and a T-56 Magnum as well. I have not ordered the engine and transmission yet as I was thinking of waiting for the new Gen 3 Coyote and knowing that I will probably not be ready to drop in the engine for at least a few months. The reason I was thinking of the Coyote is that I will be doing fuel injection as I plan to take this up to the mountains in Colorado often. In addition, I like the higher revving engine with a pretty big powerband. Thanks for all your help everyone.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Well come to the forum. Sounds like you've got it bad.Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts