Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at some pictures of a Ferrari and I really liked the shifter bezel. So I ended up designing a shifter bezel like it for the roadster. Your thoughts on it, like it? hate it? The COBRA script can be changed out to say pretty much anything in any font. The picture is in almost life size. It measures 4.75" x 4.25" x .125" (1/8" thick). The room for the shifter is 2.5" vertically and 2.75" horizontally. The room for the shifter was just guessed upon. Seems pretty close to what would actually be needed. What do you guys think? The letters and numbers are engraved a 1/16" deep, just enough for some enamel paint to fill it in nicely. This was done for a TKO, but a T5 could be done pretty easy.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
engine/motorhead :)

nice but maybe the tranny name in lieu of the cobra or the chassis #
and oval the whole bezel not rectangular

·
Junior Charter Member
432 Posts
I think it's a great idea. Last week I thought about trying to make one. I have a buddy who works for an aluminum company and asked him to look for a piece about that size so I could try it. Keep us informed on how it turns out.

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I won't be making one of these any time soon guys, so have at it. Eventually, I might, but years from now. I brought this up to see if any of our vendors would want to use the idea.

Here you go BigLeo, customized just for you.

Here is one I had some fun with, the font is called Hemi Head.

And here is how is would look with a black anodized finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts