Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new unused Trick Flow Specialties intake for sale. This intake manifold was included in an engine kit I recently had installed on my cobra and was not used. This intake will not fit a Mark I, which I have, but it will fit a Mark II and Mark III. This was confirmed by Chris at Quality Roadsters who did my engine work. The width of the pedal boxes on the Mark I is the issue. I ended up using a GT-40 intake as my second choice.

Anyway, the lower intake was bolted on then removed upon finding out the upper portion would not fit. Engine never ran with intake on.

I can e-mail pictures if you wish.

The part number is TFS-51500001 it is a 5.0L Street Manifold silver in color. The gasket, new, to match the upper and lower is also included.

Summit is currently selling this part for $395.00 and I am asking $345.00 or best reasonable offer, plus shipping.

NOW OFFERED AT $300
Greg

[ July 12, 2004, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: GB ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
FWIW, I've got the TFS Track Heat (not sure if its externally the same as the Street intake) in a Mark I (2710K) and absolutely no fitment problems. I think I've got a couple inches to spare to the footbox.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am unsure of the difference as I am not familiar with the Mark II or III. It could be the length of the runners and the width of the Mark I footbox.

Greg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Price reduced, first $300.00 gets it.

Greg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dank7737,
Includes both upper and lower.
Greg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aaron,
You have a PM.
Greg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gratz,
I stand corrected. I wonder if there is some differences (footbox, firewall, engine mount location) between my ffr #1289 and yours #2251? Looks like it will indeed fit later MKI FFRs after all.
Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
1,016 Posts
Greg,

Do you have the steering shaft cover?? I know that there were some changes made during the MKI time, I saw some that had the steering shaft coming out of a hole in the footbox, maybe the footbox is larger on yours.

Gratz

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gratz,
No I don't have a steering shaft cover, and your correct my steering shaft does come out of a hole in the footbox. That probably explains the difference and why the intake did not fit on my FFR. Good eye.
Greg

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Greg,

Do you still have these? I could hypothetically drive down to Newport to take them off your hands :D

Brendan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brendan,
Yes they are still available. They will be going on e-bay shortly, just have not had the time to deal with it lately. Still a deal at $300.
Let me know if your interested and I will hold them for you.
Greg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Part is sold!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.