Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night at the drag strip I discovered my trac-loc is worn out and only powering one wheel.
I’m not surprised, this is a donor rearend.

I’ve got lapping day on the road course coming up next month. This will be my first time on the road course in the cobra. I’m wondering if it would be better to leave the car alone for my first time on track since it will be less tail happy.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Last night at the drag strip I discovered my trac-loc is worn out and only powering one wheel.
I’m not surprised, this is a donor rearend.

I’ve got lapping day on the road course coming up next month. This will be my first time on the road course in the cobra. I’m wondering if it would be better to leave the car alone for my first time on track since it will be less tail happy.
Any suggestions?

I'm just doing SCCA/SOLO for now, but for the first days out I left everything "as-is" like I drive it on the road. My first goal is just learning how the car handles. Future races I'll start "playing" with tire pressure, camber, and what ever else I think of to fiddle with, mostly proving over and over it isn't the car, but the drivers skill that needs the most attention :)

·
Junior Charter Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New clutch kit arrived yesterday,
I have Friday afternoons off for the summer so I’ll jump in after work tomorrow!

·
8,324 Posts
For your first time out I doubt you would notice the difference between an open diff and a good working trac loc. If you do get comfortable enough in putting power down that you are getting a little inside wheel spin out of the turns it's not likely to get you in trouble. I have not done a lot of open track but from my experience at Auto X I found a Trac Loc harder to drive aggressively out of corners than the Torsen that I currently have.

·
Junior Charter Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve got the clutches soaking for install tomorrow. Wow do these things stink!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts