Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again guys, let me first say that this site and you guys are simply awesome. I am learning this car and you guys have been a wealth of info. Thanks to the help, I have all my gauges working now. Figured out, with help, how to get rid of the 87 donor gauges when the new ones arrive. I am doing the pedal bending this weekend, and know why my emerg brake doesn't work. Now for the next question. Ive seen on the FI hood, hat, top?? what ever its called, Im old school, Carbs is what I know. Anyway theres a removable plate that has 5.0 HO on it. I've seen some on the sites that have either Shelby or Cobra 5.0 on them. Where are these to be found? I have looked everywhere. Thanks, and thanks a lot for all the knowledge passed out here. Im on some other sites. A Hayabusa and an old c-10 site and theres a lot of lets just say self absorbed and would rather hear themselves pontificate as opposed to just answering the question. Here it is fun for me to just look and read. Great site here and a great group to be associated with. I thank you all, Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I have looked but will continue..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that, im going there now. I looked the other day, but was looking at the 87 Fox stuff. Thanks bro. Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, Will the Cobra powered by Ford valve covers fit the 87 5.0 HO EFI engine. I know they are basically the same but I can not get a strait answer on whether the will clear the EFI stuff all over the top of the engine or the fuel rails?? Or what valve covers are you guys running? I thank you. Mike

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you go to Summit Racing and, you use the make and model filter on the top right, you can select parts and be fairly confident they will fit. I did a quick search using my saved info and found these Ford Performance Parts EFI Valve Covers M-6000-J302R. Didn't see "Cobra Powered by Ford" but, didn't look through the whole search results.

HTH
Norm

PS Don't know if you have the hood clearance for this but, if you really want the Cobra valve covers, you can probably get the clearance needed with one of these Ford Performance Parts Intake Plenum Spacer Kits M-9486-A51.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for info. Still learning the efi 5.0. I'm thinking .. Throw all that stuff away and drop a summit 600 double pumper on that puppy. Do away with the computer and all that. Old school works for me.. Thank you for the ideas. Mike

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,487 Posts
You have limited options on valve covers, they have to be EFI since the oil filler is in the front on the passenger side and there is no hole on the driver. Ford Racing sells Cobra valve covers for EFI applications. I have a Cobra plate that fits the upper intake, they are tough to come by, mine is new looking to get $75 for it. PM me if you are interested.

·
276 Posts
yes the valve covers work but you have to put a spacer inbetween the upper and lower manifold or the throttle linkage hits the valve cover

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OOOOH momma, I like it. I need me one of those, oh yes indeedy..

Reactions: chris n
1 - 14 of 14 Posts