Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock seats in my car and find them to be too short. I have heard that FFR is now making these seats taller. If that is true would someone please measure thier seats (form the body down or floor up is fine) so I can find out if I have the new or older height seats. Thanks Rich

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Rich,

The old stock seats that were pulled out of ffr3489 recently are 17.5" tall from the floor.

Scott

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,399 Posts
I have the taller seats, came with a Spyder. The back is about even with the top seat belt hole. I don't have them here to measure, but I set one in one of the Cobras and that is the height I remember
Marc A

·
Senior Charter Member
391 Posts
while at the Vegas show,,, there was a guy there who had the new higher FFR seats.. I want to say they were about 2 inches taller and stopped just short of the body, heigth wise..

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
Guys,

I have the new taller stock seats. I'm at the office and called to have my wife measure them. They're 21" when measured up the center of the back (on the outside). I believe they are a bit (+/- 1") wider in the seat too.

I have some comparison photos if anyone wants them emailed. I don't have the picture posting thing down yet, but I can email them.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,016 Posts
showtime,
What is the construction of the seat?? is it the same fiber bucket with a seat pad and covered?? I've been thinking about Mike Mack's seats, they are pretty comfortable (sat in Todd Buttrick's car), though a bit expensive (only available in leather).

Later,

Gratz

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
I'll have to look at them again as its been a while. I do remember a wood base below the seat, but honestly didn't check much on the structure beyond that. They are stored in the house, as opposed to the garage for their protection (and to keep me from driving off prior to the completion of the kit, lol). I don't see them everyday (as if I get to work on the kit everyday).
Will check them out for you though when I get home.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
..just an added note, I sat in the old classics, and these new ones do a better job of supporting my shoulder blades. They don't seem like they will dig into my back as much as the old ones. They are wider and have a bit more styling to them. Tony is going to post the pictures.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
Gratz,

I can't tell what the actual structure is on the inside of the seat. It has a bit of foam on the back so when I tap it I can't tell what the material is on the inside. May very well be fiberglass.

·
6,559 Posts
I have the Tri-States seats and they are amazing. These are constructed like the originals with webbed bottom and tube frame. If you're running the ebrake in the stock location, it will have to moved forward a tad to clear the front left leg of the passnger side seat. Otherwise install is easy. One of the better upgrades I've done.

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
Mike,

Those pictures were not mine. FFR sent me those. TeamFour was nice enough to give me a ride in his car. Oddly enough the regular classics he had "dug" into my back during his demostration drive. lol

I'm 6'2" but most of my height is in my legs, and the original classics hit me right below my shoulder blades.

[ January 05, 2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Showtime4556 ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
I picked up my seats last summer, and they appear to be the new style. In the manual, it shows the lower cushion lifting up to bolt the seat down, but these don't appear to...how do you bolt them in??

·
5,559 Posts
Ed,

You have to take out the scorpion screws in the bottom. They hold the plywood seat bottom in place for shipping - at least that's what I remember reading in the manual a long, long, time ago...

If anyone has a set of these that they are replacing, contact me. I'd like to upgrade the old style ones, but not spend big bucks for aftermarket units.

Brian

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.