Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, I taped out my idea for stripes on the car, using vinyl from a local graphics store, and tape stripe from an auto parts store.

My inspiration was the FFR Roadster HOT ROD project car at the nats...

and came up with this...

I figured this would be a good way to try this idea aout before paint. The final sceme will be burnt orange paint, with the stripes being white and medium grey.

Waddaya think?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Chepsk8, Looks great and different.
Good luck, Randy Richards

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
I like it. Be really different and paint in front of the stripes in one color and the rest a different color.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm.

Interesting idea Dan! Any Photoshoppers out there?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
388 Posts
Originally posted by NAGA:
I like yours much more than the HotRod FFR. Sweet.

d
Ditto. Most agree that the Hot Rod FFR came out too ricey, but I always liked their general stripe idea from when I first saw their drawings. Yours is an improvement. Go for it!

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not being a "traditionalist", I had never considered putting "Le Mans" stripes on my car. I was thinking about some variant of the "Gurney" stripes for a bit, until this idea came about.

These cars can be tough to paint when not doing the traditional stripes, as many standard custom paint ideas don't work with the curves of our cars.

I'll probably fine tune this idea a little, narrowing the stripes as they run down the body next to the hood. Should I bring them onto the hood?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Here is my lame attempt.

If for some unknown reason you think you may want to refer back to these images, PLEASE right click and save as.
They will not stay up for too long.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TD,
Not bad!

Can you make the back half Burnt Orange, the front black, and the orange stripe grey?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
FYI this isn't the best I can do. These "chops" were done real quick.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the Boss Mustang "hockey stick" looking stripe.

Therefore, I think it looks Boss!

How many of you recall when people used to say that?

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............

First off, thanks TD!

Second, Gotta work on the color scheme if I two-tone it! Just doesn't seem to work that way! OK forum, paint my car!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Last try.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like I will stay with the original concept with one body color. To balance the paint, maybe a panel or something on the back, in the area of the rear of the trunk or taillights?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts