Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting down the road of my 2013 build, but I have a few questions.

First ones are for Jim: Any rule changes that I need to know about before I start? Any changes to specs or opening up some of the standards?

Second set of questions: What are some of the lessons learned and such in other builds done so far?
What connectors/bolts are people using now? APR?

Any other good tips?

Maybe we can make this thread a sticky for others too.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Issues:

1. increased db level so keep that in mind as you may have to plan for exhaust changes
2. I ran all season on original rocker arms and studs (5/16), but have new rocker arms and studs (3/8) so will replace this winter
3. More crank case ventilation I think is needed, will add 2nd valve cover vent like other have done

For the most part engine was great, no major issues, my issues were with other things that effected engine performance. I never had a DNF this season because of engine issues.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,031 Posts
Tony, we had 3/8 studs/rockers and replaced them with 7/16 studs/rockers per Trickflow's recommendation.

Issues:

1. increased db level so keep that in mind as you may have to plan for exhaust changes
2. I ran all season on original rocker arms and studs (5/16), but have new rocker arms and studs (3/8) so will replace this winter
3. More crank case ventilation I think is needed, will add 2nd valve cover vent like other have done

For the most part engine was great, no major issues, my issues were with other things that effected engine performance. I never had a DNF this season because of engine issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.