Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We gave Ted Harrison at Quick Racing Products a recipe to build us a new race only SL-C. And what a job they did. We specified:
Schwartz performance 670 HP LS7 tuned by Castillo Motorsports
Tilton 7-1/4 triple metallic clutch w/ hyd release bearing
custom Porsche G96-88 sequential gearbox by Brian Copans
Hollinger pneumatic paddler shift
Motec engine management and data acquisition by Veracity Racing Data
AP Brakes
Ohlins 4 way dampers by Alan O'Leary
Variable assist electric steering by QRP
External water pump
ARE dry sump system
Motec traction control
Motec power distribution module PDM 30
The real magic to this build is the knowledge and expertise that QRP incorporated into this car from developing the "Blue Mistress" SL-C that finished 2nd overall in the 25 hours of Thunderhill.
Thanks to all. This car is incredible

Attachments

·
8,167 Posts
Just stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on not being able to wipe the smile off your face :grin2:

·
Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts
That is a beautiful beast. If I were to build again that would be the car. Or the 818 a little more affordable. I always love Prototype competition sports cars and to me the SLC is the deal.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Such a pretty car. I'd love to build one if it weren't for the cost. Have fun with it on the track!

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Stunning!

·
Charter Member
6,157 Posts
wow, my dream race car. Love the SL C. I wish I had 150k laying around, I'd build one myself!

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darryl Anderson tested this car for us at Sonoma and wished the Blue Miss handled like this car. I think he said the motor pulls like a freight train. what he liked best was the way it came off the corners, you don't need to be patient off the corners with throttle application. I don't think he had a chance to test the dive planes set up on his car yet. Might be the key.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
wow, my dream race car. Love the SL C. I wish I had 150k laying around, I'd build one myself!
you only need half that. :)

·
Charter Member
6,157 Posts
Dallas, I am sure it is possible to build a SLC for that much, but NOT that car. There is 50k+ just in the engine and trans.

It's amazing looking. Can't stop flipping through the pics. The RCR green SLC is at VIR a lot. It is wicked fast, low 1:50s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts