Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
860 Posts
Dave, awesome! My biggest deterrent to driving the beast is the unbearable loudness, I found them at summit and amazon ,just curious How are they attached at the header end? Pictures? , thanks, Karl

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to fab my own 4" elbow-to-flange in order to mate with the 4-hole header flange.

https://youtu.be/kvVCTA1vwZA

New 'loud' inserts came today- put one on the driver-side. Passenger-side has reverse-flow inserts.

Pics with dB app photos- ignore the min/max/ave values as the were recorded during a walk-around of the car.

I'll try some 0-60 runs this weekend with my dragy- both types of pipes.

Dave
Gen III #17

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
860 Posts
thanks Dave! Im going to have to do some fabbing to mate with the 2nd gen 4 into 2 headers, not so easy i don't think, Matt did something similar on his. I gotta do something as its unbearable!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, got the 3rd set of inserts- glasspacks, perforated tube (not louvered).

87 dB at idle.

So dBs roughly, at idle:

92 - max-flow perforated tube
87 - glasspack perforated tube
84 - reverse-flow

What's important to me is the ability to swap the cores out easily for different driving 'events' or depending on which 'community outreach' program I'm doing.

I'll get some 0-60 times as well as drive-by video as soon as I can.

Dave

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MauiKarl,

There are some solutions that come to mind - Boig Quietpipes for one.

You might look at those.

What was key to me is the ability to swap the cores.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts

These are Doug's 4" Corvette side-pipes with reverse-flow insert/baffles.

Finally I can drive the car without earplugs...

Max-flow inserts come later.

Dave
Gen III Coupe #17
Dave - I'm having serious dB level issues at the track where I instruct, and I keep getting black flagged at 93. Can you PLEASE send me ANY info possible so we can build the setup you have for my series 1 Daytona. Thank you SO much for any support mate. My email is [email protected] - feel free to email any details. Peace, luv n freaky fast cars. Dov.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts