Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally got some wheels. Pictures below (gloss black C10 18x9.5, 18x13 w/MT ET street radial II's). Very tight fit in the rear, but they fit!!!

When i took the car for a test drive i noticed steering was better so i dediced to do a couple small blasts. I was in second gear from about 30 to 80ish: It now puts the power (about 750ish RWHP) to the ground!!! Sweet! The next issue is now when i let out. Unloading the suspension forces a steeering correction. I need to work on the steering a little more because it's still a little touchy. So i guess i'll start working on getting more caster in the front wheels first.

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
Nice! The Batmobile wishes it looked that mean!

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
I applaud your decion to use 18 inch wheels front and rear. I feel your handling will benefit from this. What width rubber did you use front and rear? Did you have to do any bodywork for rear wheel clearance?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I applaud your decion to use 18 inch wheels front and rear. I feel your handling will benefit from this. What width rubber did you use front and rear? Did you have to do any bodywork for rear wheel clearance?
275 front and 345 rear (these are basically C6 Zo6 wheels). I did not use the FF wheel spacer for the rears. Its tight getting the tire on you have the fenagle it into place but once you get it in place and the it's back on the ground the spacing (wheel to the body) is fine.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Linxs
Thanks for the info. I'm also going to use the 345/18 rear. I'm going to try to fit a 315/18 in the front anf if bodywork is required, so be it.

I also like your wheel spoke style.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
We have a test session coming up were we are trying 315/18s in the rear, and 305/18s in the front. That's a lot of tire for the front of this car, and we need to get the fronts to work a lot harder than we have in the past with the smaller tires. This definitely would not be a good setup for rain.

FYI- I fitted a 365 rear tire on CCW rims on the car when it was down here in my shop, and there were no interferrence issues with the suspension, so you CAN fit a pretty large tire on these cars in the rear.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.