Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

So I have had 15 inch rims for a couple years now and I loved them. But I love performance even more. I have decided to move to a 17inch rim which equals more tire and brake selection all across the board. So, to all the autocrossers out there what is your recommended tire size/rim width. As well for I'm moving to after market disk brakes probably Wilwood. Any advice would be fantastic. with these upgrades I have also debated putting a brake booster on?

Have at me!

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,785 Posts
I have a multitude of different kits available depending on how you want to use the car and what wheels you will be using. If you are going with big brakes i would advise not using power with them. The kits are designed to be using as manual brakes and adding power will turn them into an on/0ff switch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, awesome!! The car will be driven around town once in awhile, I still have a pretty streetable application but I love autocross. I started building when i was twelve and my dad has handed me the car down to me, so now that I've lived and learned a little bit with this machine, Im having some fun putting on goodies!!. My intention right now is to get the braking system up to date and move to discs all around. I still want to have the car be able to handle a small road trip but I probably will just take it out for local auto cross for the most part. but the 15's have to many limitations.

suspension wise bTW is a 3link rear with 8.8 inch axles 3.73 gears
stantard factory five front suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts