Factory Five Racing Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Master of my Build
2,043 Posts
Looking good. Excuse my ignorance but are you working on the final body or making a plug to build a mold around? did you lay the fiberglass already or is it just foam, cardboard, clay, body filler, primer?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Junior Charter Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Making the plug as smooth as possible !

Looking good. Excuse my ignorance but are you working on the final body or making a plug to build a mold around? did you lay the fiberglass already or is it just foam, cardboard, clay, body filler, primer?

Thanks for sharing.
cChrisM, I am still finishing the Plug ! It is Cardboard, foam, bondo, then 2 light layers of fiberglass mat,followed by light weight filler , primer, primer, primer and lots of sanding. I am block sanding to get the plug as smooth and straight as possible because when I layup the molds, ever little flaw seems to multiply by 2 .

I will soon be finished with the plug and then I will start laying up the molds. Building the molds will not take anywhere near as long as the plug making :)
Thanks for asking !

·
Registered
947 Posts
mijeertbarc - It is amazing how quickly you have reached the final stages of the plug. :cool:

As it doesn't seem that long a go that one half of the car was just a pile of unshaped foam!

The latest photoshop look great and, as I've said before, it will really look like a modern super car.
( Especially in the orange. )

Good luck, Paul. :)

·
Junior Charter Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Color make a big difference

mijeertbarc - It is amazing how quickly you have reached the final stages of the plug. :cool:

As it doesn't seem that long a go that one half of the car was just a pile of unshaped foam!

The latest photoshop look great and, as I've said before, it will really look like a modern super car.
( Especially in the orange. )

Good luck, Paul. :)
Thanks Paul , It really hasn't been that long that it was just a glob of foam & Cardboard, But some color and a background make a huge difference !

·
Registered
525 Posts
WOW- She is looking really great! You have made some serious progress.

Those are some really low profile tires though... HA

I look forward to seeing the molds, and then the first finished body!

Regards,

Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I guess you would call them 0 series tires ! Thanks for the comments. I have a couple photo shop pictures of what the finished car will look like , I have attached one for now !

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Re-working my concept to fit on a 2005-2014 Mustang

I have been working on making my concept car easier to build and have had the help of some graphic designers and friends to help me re-work the concept to fit onto a 2005-2014 Mustang Convertible. I am attaching some photos that show how thw mustang looks as related to the side view of the concept car. I am now ready to start producing kit packages !

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks amazing!! It's kind of got a bit of Viper and Camaro in it ... but not so much that it's not completely original. Good luck!

Reactions: mijeertbarc
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.