Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our December Special is a release of 2 new products. We have our new side view mirror bracket and MKIII rear wheel well splash panels.

The side view mirror bracket allows the mounting of the bullet style mirrors to the windshield post. There is no drilling of the windshield post required and it can be used on the passenger or drivers side. It moves the mirror up to a position that make the mirror much more useful plus you get the benefit of not having to drill that beautifully painted body. They are $25 each including shipping.

The MKIII splash panels were designed by forum member ChevyCobra - Randy J. and because of the interest in them with his blessing we are offering them to you. These panels will fill the gaps between the body and the aluminum and keep the rear wheels from throwing road grime, water, even all that rubber we tend to burn all over the back of your outside shoulder. These will come 2 to a set (one for each side) and include the rubber seal needed. They are $40 per set including shipping.

Pricing on these is preliminary and may increase at the end of the month.

All orders for any of our products placed before Dec. 14th will ship before Christmas with the exception of orders that include powder coating which will ship before Christmas if placed by Dec. 12th.

Happy Holidays,
Chris

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys can you slow down the orders just a bit please? Just kidding seems we have a couple of hits

Thanks!

Chris

·
1,073 Posts
Chris,
As long as you are working on this area, how about a redesigned rear cockpit aluminum piece for the Spec Racer guys. I would be happy to be your test subject.

The Roadster pieces they send don't work on the Spec cars.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Chris, YOU guy's need to slow down, my list of "just have to have" things just keep getting longer!!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
951 Posts
i went to you site and look for the mounting of the side mirror, does it clamp on or how exactly does it mount to the frame
thanks

bob

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doug: All that money you saved on your kit I have to get you to spend it ;)

bob aka freckles: Here is the CAD drawing of the bracket. The threaded rod threads into one of the winshield post mounting holes. There is a lock nut that will tighten up against the windshiled post to transfer the stress to the post and not the threaded rod. The bracket itself has inserts pressed into it to keep it centered on the rod. then the mirror will go on the rod and the keps nut secures it in place.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts