Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to differentiate myself with a line of new products that current and future builders can use. would like feedback of who would be interested, and/or thoughts and opinions?

Thanks- NFS

Current Ideas:
1. Windscreen (quick on/off)with satchel bag for $99.95

2. lower Radiator Bracket

3. Autocross Bumper

4. other ideas?

[ January 16, 2004, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Need For Speed ]

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts
Maybe someone sells these:

1) Street legal Low cut wind screen (Speedster)
2) Dress up covers for stock guages
3) FIA Body for FFR Frames
4) Hard cover (passenger side) Tonneau cover

[ January 15, 2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: YYYMMAN ]

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
How about a half height full windshield for specs??
Alloy blanking plates for spec rollbars?
Mesh sides to offer an alternative to louvres?
What about a nice partial alluminum pedal box...relatively easy to make and would mean people don't have to do pedal mods in the process eliminating weight and adding good looks,

I Like the rear screen and the lower radiator support is way overdue.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
I already made a really nice one for cars with two rollbars... Ask Racingrob! He Helped in the design! Love the autocross bumper!

Rgds

Rob

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Originally posted by Marky:
How about a half height full windshield for specs??
Working on one now.. Trying to find a "reasonable" source of optically correct lexan.

Windshields will be able to be trimmed from their standard 1/2 height size.

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think you could see a mesh windscreen from the rearview mear could you?

·
Charter Member
1,495 Posts
If you look at Whitby's site, at the bottom of the accessories column, you'll see a mesh rear windscreen. It says,"coming soon". It's been that way for over a year. I'd be intrested in one. Mike
:cool:

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
How about a concealed roll bar mount? Two round metal washers, one with a threaded bolt welded on, and one with a nut. One welds in the roll bar leg, and the other welds into the roll bar. Then, you thread the leg on, and drill and bolt the other end to the chassis bracket. Wish my fabrication skills were up to the task...

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
I sure would like someone to package everything needed for the Fiero parking brake in a kit.

·
Premium Member
18,143 Posts
I have a full width roll bar, and I've been thinking about a windscreen. I see some cars - like Miata, Audi, BMW - with a simple mesh fabric across the roll bars. I'm thinking about using some mosquito netting and nylon webbing and fabricating a screen that attaches with velcro straps.

Also considered using some smoked plexiglass / Lexan and bolting that to the roll bar.

I like the mesh screen because it's easy to remove an put in the trunk.

·
12,669 Posts
Originally posted by DRUMMERMIKE:
If you look at Whitby's site, at the bottom of the accessories column, you'll see a mesh rear windscreen. It says,"coming soon". It's been that way for over a year. I'd be intrested in one. Mike
:cool:
They had a prototype unit on a Silver/black car a year ago... It looked very professional. (as does all their stuff) dont know where it stands.

earl

·
Charter Member
1,103 Posts
I have dual roll bars and I intreaged with the windscreen idea. Does it really help in these cars? A recomendation might make it even more appealing. There I go wanting to spend more money. Any pics, prices, where do I go to stand in line?
Robert

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
Another dual roll bar idea...how about a "bikini top" like the Jeep CJ guys have? It would mount to the top of the windshield, and stretch to the top of the two roll bars.

·
Charter Member
1,765 Posts
boB,
I was thinking the same thing except using garden supply shade cloth. I think it would stand up to the wear and tear better. Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts