Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***** UPDATE - Item Now Available at http://www.tangentkits.com/ *****

Hey, Guys. I'm working the production bugs out of a new assembly kit - a driving light combination grill for the guys that aren't using the oil cooler opening for anything else.

The lights are good quality dual bulb units, they are glass and alloy construction, one H3 55W bulb and one blue 5w parking light. The parking light is the typical bayonet style bulb and can be changed to a yellow for parking/turn or white for a daytime running light that everyone needs. The H3 bulb looks like it has the options (aftermarket) of 35W to 100w, the housing is only rated to 55W though. Comes complete with wiring harness, double rocker switch, relay and detailed instructions.

The grills will be a pre-machined kit, all aluminum and stainless hardware. You assemble it. There is a 2x2 aluminum angle that is double bolted to the bottom of the oil cooler floor, effectively flattening out this layup - if you look yours most likely has a bow in it. Then the grill assembly and light mounting brackets attach to this. A very solid affair with only two holes on the underside of the body. There is a high degree of adjust-ability to all parts. The aluminum slats will be polished on the front edges and surfaces.

The target price for the grill and light combo is $129.95 with an alternate being a similar unit that is full width and no lights for $89.00. These kits will be complete, you will only have to drill two holes to install.

I'm trying to gauge interest for ordering materials by offering a text coupon of 15% off to the first five posters, 10% off to the next five, and 5% off for the final five.

These should be available for ordering from the website http://tangentkits.com/ within two weeks and I'll notify the posters and give the text coupon then.

Here's the preliminary pictures. All the best, Don

[ April 30, 2007, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Don Wright ]

·
Junior Charter Member
77 Posts
The light kit looks nice and clean Can I use my 15% coupon for other stuff on the site?

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Very cool

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's not much other stuff on the site, the roll bar kits are now on sale - 10% off. Use the text coupon SPRING to get the discount. But if you order a roll bar kit and the grill kit we could work something out.

All the best, Don

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main bulbs are clear, driving lights. However there are H3 yellow bulbs available that would probably make them effective fog lights. I will eventually offer a fog version of the lights that will fit. But since most don't drive these cars if the weather is questionable, I felt that driving would be the best first offering. Thanks

All the best, Don

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,274 Posts
Sorry Don, but it's not the bulb itself that determines whether it's a driving light or fog light, although it does play a part. It's the beam pattern created by the lamp. Driving lights have a pattern similar to high beams. They're meant to project far down the road. Fog lights, on the other hand, have a very shallow wide beam with a very distinctive horizontal top cut off (sharp transition from light below to no light above). They're meant to project a wide, shallow beam a short distance out in front of the car.

Here's and excellent example. Click on the thumbnails on this web page...

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Micro_DE.asp

Fog lights...

Driving lights...

And there's a good explanation HERE and an interactive demo HERE.

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
I know I need a set! ;)

Troy

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
I'm interested in the lights but not the grill as well. I want to put some fogs in the mouth and would not mind a couple tiny spots in the cooler opening.

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Sign me up! those fit the performance look I'm going for. Karl

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Don, I'm not interested in the lights but had to tell you, your car looks fantastic!!!

Mike

·
6,559 Posts
Originally posted by Mike DeGuire:
Don, I'm not interested in the lights but had to tell you, your car looks fantastic!!!

Mike
Agreed! Nice colors, nice scoop, nice French job. Any other pics of the car?

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, Guys. WildSwing, thanks for the info on the fog lights. Yes there is a difference and like I allowed, I will be looking for a workable fog light as well.

Naga and Michael, The lights come complete with wiring harness, double rocker switch, relay and detailed instructions, everything you need to make them work. I'll offer the kit sans the grill for those that don't want it - and also offer the grill unpolished for those that want to paint the aluminum slats. As noted above, these are driving/parking lights - not fog lights.

LKNSnake, No. the outer radiator shroud is a one-off. Since everyone's setup seems to be different this would be a hard item to get to fit correctly, sorry.

Mike and Todd, thanks for the good words. Here are links to previous posts and photos.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/donwright/

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/083049.html#000000

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/083172.html#000000

All the best, Don

·
El Conquestador
1,089 Posts
I like it. There would definatly be orders. Sign me up for a set!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Don,
The lights would not work with the theme I am going with but I must say they compliment your car perfectly. Your car looks very elegant. The tasteful additions set it apart from the norm.
Very nice.

Skip

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Dang it Don, Just another item on my "gotta have" list! Those really do look good and look like they will do a nice job. I'll take kit when you start producing.

Mike M.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts