Factory Five Racing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Motor and trans in (sort of)

I was able to pull all my suspension pieces, dis assemble, glass bead blast, paint, reassemble and installed the motor and transmission. Does anyone have any detail shots of the rear trans mount for a G96 trans in the GTM. Does one have to make a special mount? Would also like to see what the shift cables look like.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Did you get the door molds done?
I am in N. CA. And am ready for new door frames.
Let me know, I can come by your place.
One mold is ready to go. The other mold needs to be sanded and polished. You are most welcome to finish them up and make your own window frames.
I'll be in Carson City in a couple weeks. Probably easier to meet there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you ever get the g96 mounted and questions answered? I too am interested in some photos and information on how that install went and what pieces were used.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Did you ever get the g96 mounted and questions answered? I too am interested in some photos and information on how that install went and what pieces were used.
The installation went just fine. Had to build a new rear mount and move the pilot bearing in the flywheel but that's about in. I'm still having a little trouble getting the shift cables adjusted Reverse 1,3,5 work great. Tighten the forward back cable and then 2,4,6 work great but not R,1,3,5. It's like there's not enough throw in the shifter. But I haven't spent too much time fighting that problem.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Don't mean to pry, but why are you ebaying it before completion?
Hi Mike
I'm building a new Toybox in Nevada and I know I'll have no time to work on this car for a long while.
I would rather not have to move the car and the rest of the kit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just out of curiosity, what do you have your reserve set at on ebay? You can PM me if you want..
$30k. That leaves someone $10k for a paint job. I think is the closest way a person can get to building a supercar for $40k.:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That's a steal. Are you getting any bites?
The bidding ends tonight @ 7:56. So far the bidding is up to $24,300. It's bad timing to sell as there are a lot of GTMs on eBay right now. There are two complete cars with buy it now prices of $50k. Wish me luck.

·
Junior Charter Member
577 Posts
If it doesnt sell, would you considering parting it out?

Id be interested in the aluminum tanks if so.. But I understand not wanting to part out a car so close to final completion.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
If it doesnt sell, would you considering parting it out?

Id be interested in the aluminum tanks if so.. But I understand not wanting to part out a car so close to final completion.
No I'm afraid if it doesn't sell in will move with me to our new house. We got the aluminum tanks in our Red car from Ted @ Quick Racing Products.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I thought I had hit the 'watch' button on ebay for your car, but perhaps I didnt.. Did it end up selling?
The bidding got up to $24,800. That's less than the price of a new kit. My reserve was $30k. So while it didn't sell on EBay I got some good leads.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts