Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

After years of admiring from afar I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an 02 mk2, originally assembled by FFR. Equipped with a foxbody 302, carbureted, with a Ford 5-spd and 8-inch rear end. Spent the whole weekend grinning ear to ear and watching my girls (ages 7 and 4, plus my wife) argue over who got to ride next.

Grin faded a bit on night #3 when it stranded us downtown about 30 miles from our house, right smack dab in the middle of one of the busiest nightlife intersections. Long story short, we towed it home and I fixed it the next morning. I found a blown inline fuse in the engine bay that traced back to a chafed wire shorting on the headlight switch. Fixed that and replaced the fuse and the grin came right back!

Looking forward to meeting some of you and to taking in the wealth of information contained here.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Jason

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
2,455 Posts
Welcome to the family. The DFW group posts over on clubcobra.com in the Texas section. They meet on the first Saturday of each month. Lots of good folks up there. Join us for the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet in March. Here is the website. Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet It will be updated for next year pretty soon. The Houston Group is hosting a get together in Kerrville pretty soon. Search Larry Kirkwood on Facebook for information.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
welcome!
hope to see you at the monthly meetings.

what part of town are you in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome!
hope to see you at the monthly meetings.

what part of town are you in?
Thanks! Far North Dallas, near Preston and George Bush. Which monthly meetings? The DFW chapter of Club Cobra that Steve mentioned or some other?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks! Far North Dallas, near Preston and George Bush. Which monthly meetings? The DFW chapter of Club Cobra that Steve mentioned or some other?

Cool, you are over in my stomping grounds. I live in West Frisco over by Teel and Lebanon. No Cobra for me as I am building one of the FFR 33s. Hope to see you in town now and again.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Hey, we're neighbors. We're near Coit and George Bush.
Yes, the monthly meetings Steve mentioned. 1st Saturday of each month. The time and location is usually posted a couple of days prior on the Club Cobra site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, we're neighbors. We're near Coit and George Bush.
Yes, the monthly meetings Steve mentioned. 1st Saturday of each month. The time and location is usually posted a couple of days prior on the Club Cobra site.
Cool. Does a group ever go to Cars and Coffee first that same day?

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Cool. Does a group ever go to Cars and Coffee first that same day?
We used to years ago, but not so much anymore since there are so few classic cars there now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Awww, that's too bad. I haven't been to a cars and coffee in years so didn't know that had changed.
Your not the only one that has not been there in a long time. I used to go there in a '76 Vette but it got where there were more stock Challengers, Camaros and Jeeps that it was more of a new car dealership. I could see those cars at a dealership and would go to Coffee and Cars to see something rare...

There is apparently a "car gathering" that meets around Parker and the tollway that has quite a gathering. Some old and some new but mostly classic type cars the last time I saw them. There is also a weekly breakfast gathering on Saturdays in old down town McKinney. I don't know all the details on the gatherings but I know that WRP has details on them.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
There is apparently a "car gathering" that meets around Parker and the tollway that has quite a gathering. Some old and some new but mostly classic type cars the last time I saw them.
Tim
Sounds like fun. Maybe we ought to get together. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts