Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the happy owner of Roadster 3357 - completely unassembled. For some history, 3357 was previously owned by member Cobra Bite here. I don't know the full history of why he did not continue the build, but I do know much was done, despite not having progress in assembly.

The body was already installed onto a buck that had been built, and it appears inventory had been completed, as there were some sheets that showed missing items, and we found those boxes, so hopefully everything is included.

A complete donor 92 Mustang had already been disassembled and it appears most, if not all pertinent parts were included, or new ones purchased, for instance - all new front calipers and rear drums, new rear shocks, etc.

The engine has been disassembled and was in the process of reassembly with some camshaft (I presume a B or E cam as pretty much everything is Ford Racing), a Cobra upper and lower intake, cobra computer, 24lb injectors, cobra maf, and throttle body. All of the parts are still in the box from 20ish years ago.

I presume 3357 is an MK2, or at least an MK2 frame from some of the other posts Cobra Bite had made.

I know there are a number of things that can be done to improve the build, and the sky is the limit. I've made the decision to keep things like suspension and brakes alone for now - I can always do a 5 lug swap and rear discs with the car assembled. The front LCAs are on back order, so I figured I'd forego them as well.

I am looking for recommendations for things that are difficult to do once assembled - such as power brakes - definitely going to do power brakes, ideally using a booster instead a hydroboost, as the car already has a flaming river manual rack, so I will eventually do the Saturn Vue electric power steering if manual steering is unbearable.

Things have changed so much in 20+ years I hope it doesn't mean all the old info is gone or current info doesn't work. I'm a big guy, so anything to maximize space at the driver and passenger footbox is of paramount importance.

I'll start a build thread soon and document everything that we've found included, as there is a lot of stuff!

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Ask FF Metal if they will sell you a set of dropped footboxes for a Mark II. They are probably discontinued but they might make you a set if you ask. Without doubt they are one of the best modifications you can make to a Mark II and hard to do on a completed car. Not very expensive and well worth the cost.

·
418 Posts
i did a power brake conversion ten years ago on my completed mk1 , used the whitby power brake kit was easy to do i did it with the body on the car . when i assembled the car the front rear wheel well panel i installed it using screws to the f panel instead of riveting it in place , easier to change collector gaskets when you can get to the bolts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear you are getting an older kit to completion! I'm sure all the parts will be very happy to finally be working together!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts