Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Newly registered member here. I just purchased a partially completed FFR Roadster Mk 2 kit last month. Owning one of these has always been a dream of mine and I'm excited to complete and drive it. I've made a lot of progress so far toward completing the final assembly and hope to get it on the road here in the next few months. It's been fun sorting out the car and benefiting from the advice and previous posts on this forum. Some of the most fun has been sorting through the parts boxes and figuring out where the parts go and how to install them. I have the Mk2 assembly guide, but it is pretty thin, with no illustrated parts breakdowns and with some instructions that are outdated (but thankful to FFR for creating it because it would be much, much harder without it). That's where this forum has been most useful. I've successfully identified all the uninstalled parts that the previous owner provided except for the one below. Can anyone identify this mystery part for me? Again, thanks to the members of this site for their wealth of knowledge and spirit of helpfulness. Stay safe.

Cavemann (Scott)
FFR3185K Roadster

Attachments

·
7,676 Posts
That's the mounting bracket for the license plate.

Where is So Cal are you?

Ray

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the mounting bracket for the license plate.

Where is So Cal are you?

Ray
Ding, Ding, Ding! Winner! So obvious. I should have been able to figure that one out. I was guessing something in the cockpit. Thanks Ray. I live in Seal Beach and am currently doing body work - my least favorite thing because i’m totally worried about screwing it up - but still having fun.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Welcome aboard. I had my first roadster painted by Jeff. Highly recommended

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually talked to Jeff a couple of weeks ago and he seems like a great guy. With all the recommendations from this site and others, he seems to be a popular choice among Cobra owners. I’ve been taking stuff off the body in preparation for paint and should be ready to deliver it for paint this week. Big step.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dropped the body at Jeff Miller Customs last Thursday. Already happy I did. I did some of the body prep like door and hood gaping prior and let’s just say he’s “refining” my prep. You can tell Jeff has seen it all with these cars and seems to know how to cure most issues. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,785 Posts
You won't be disappointed . . . Da Bat is the absolute master when it comes to these cars.

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts