Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ok, I love customizing things for my car (I'm a Mechanical Engineer ... go figure). As there was no clear cut design for a hidden trunk hinge for the FFR, I designed one.

Now I'm offering them for sale. Check out this link for more information, Hidden Trunk Hinge .

They're onsale until this Friday, or 5 sell, whichever comes first.

Thanks for viewing ...

Oh yah, $5.00 for the first five on sale, and $10.00 for the regular priced hinges will be donated, in your name, to Team Jenny.

[ May 21, 2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Venomous ]

·
Charter Member
488 Posts
I'd be interested in sets of peoples old, original, exterior hinges for $$? and shipping.

Wayne

·
FFCobra Craftsman
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fabricate a bracket with two studs that is epoxy and glassed to the body, just behind the trunk hoop (easy to do when you’re doing the bodywork, and you already have the required materials). The body hinge point is then bolted onto this bracket (thus it can be removed at any time, if need be). I designed it to be attached to the body as it ensures the alignment of the trunk to body will always stay, and the alignment/installation during construction, is very (really, a perfect fit, I wish the hood was even close to being this easy … I thought about also doing the hood, but time has limited me). My original plan did not include retrofit capabilities, guess it could be done if I design/fab the body bracket to attach to the trunk hoop. However, when I first conceived the design, I ruled that option out due to the pro’s of the body mount. If you want to be the first, I’ll fabricate one for you. As for the holes, well that’s one of the big reasons I never considered the retrofit too much …

Regards,

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Great idea! I did a similar thing with mine using the Mustang hood hinges and aluminum brackets screwed to the body lip (inside the trunk). I figured that if FFR uses external hinges mounted to the body, why not use internal ones mounted to the body. Worked well for the last year. If you have an older frame without the curved hoop, you need to either reconfigure the cross brace of the frame or remove it, or it will interfere with the hinge. I cut mine out and nothing bad has happened.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,814 Posts
Can you post a picture of the actual hinge?

Thanks,

--------------------
Carman

My donor for FFR3???.
"Just a Ford type of guy"

A new study shows that 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
That is very similar to the one that I designed. I have installed many of them. Mine is different in the fact that rather than have a stud plate with a removeable pivot point, I made it fixed. I also make stud plates that attach to the trunk lid for an easy access adjustment point. I do the hood hinge setup as well. cheers, SRP

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Originally posted by Streetrodpainter:
That is very similar to the one that I designed. I have installed many of them. Mine is different in the fact that rather than have a stud plate with a removeable pivot point, I made it fixed. I also make stud plates that attach to the trunk lid for an easy access adjustment point. I do the hood hinge setup as well. cheers, SRP
How much do you sell your trunk and/or hood kit? Thanks.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first 5 have been sold! and as such, the sale is now over. Thanks to those who purchased!

As mentioned earlier, I'll be sending $5.00 in your behalf to Team Jenny. If you're interested in matching that, feel free to add another $5.00 to what you send. Not necessary though, just that I'd like to take the opportunity to help out if possible.

So by the end of the week, I'll be sending T.Jenny $25.00 in your behalfs. I'll add any extra recieved to that total!

Thanks Again,
-.._

[ May 22, 2002, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Venomous ]

·
3,701 Posts
If anyone has a pair of the old hinges they would like to get rid of - please send me an email. One of the studs stripped out on mine :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts