Factory Five Racing Forum banner

New Hard tops for MK4

12K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Driver_WT 
#1 ·
Possible New Part: Who's Interested @ $5000.00 in Boston???
Fits Factory Five MK4.
Forte's is looking at being a stocking distributor for hard top for the Factory Five MK4.
Were looking into being a stocking distributor for these new tops but have to purchase 10 pieces to make import salable...

Check them out for yourself!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2525187870828991&id=817999391547856

Give us a call with inquiries and interest.
Cost of theses would be $5,000+FOB from Massachusetts shipping.
(508-875-0016)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Fantastic idea Mike! I’ve been following 427hardtops on their factory five project for about seven months now. Originally designed for the Dax Cobras, these have the best lines, look closest to the original Le Mans tops, and are my favorite hard top design by a long margin.

As I understand it from private messages with these guys, these tops require shorter roll bars than FFR supplies. Not sure if that has changed since the original prototype, but I had already planned on picking up a set of Breeze rollbars to accommodate this. Just waiting for Mark to get the stainless steel back in stock.

These tops are definitely in my long-term plans. You know me, I have no problem spending money on good stuff, I just have other priorities going on at the moment and can’t commit right now, but soon.

#3 ·
That is one GREAT looking top! If I'd known about that one, I would've gone with the Breeze roll bars. But since I didn't, the top will have to wait a few years.

John

#4 ·
This is one great looking top and very functional. Like the others, future dreams.

#6 ·
Nice! Does this top fit the breeze toolbars?

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#8 ·
Nice! Does this top fit the breeze toolbars?
Toolbars, no. Rollbars, pretty sure the answer is yes. I was told by 427HardTops last year they'd fit based on preliminary measurements, and I'm assuming the answer is still yes considering Mark's rollbars are the shortest available.

Chris - sorry no plans for stainless roll bars any time soon. Material supply is too sketchy and expensive. Gloss black paint works great!
I knew I should've pulled the trigger on those last year. LOL. I'll probably be reaching out to you soon for the standard steel ones then and send 'em out for black satin powder coating. Guess I won't need to brush up on my TIG welding skills anymore and can just hit them with my MIG. ;)

#10 ·
Excuse me for hijacking the thread...

But I have to say that the Breeze stainless roll bar (I had mine polished) is hands down, absolutely the best looking roll bar out there. I hope you keep up the search for the stainless material. It's the best.

Now back to your regularly scheduled hard top thread.

Attachments

Reactions: chrisarella
#9 ·
Just double-checked Facebook and found the post from February of last year where they told me it fit: https://www.facebook.com/427HARDTOPS/posts/1622042137877005

Mark, I found a picture on your site that showed your rollbars were right around 12" high. Is this correct?

427 Hardtops took measurements a while ago and said there was about 12 1/2 inches of clearance so unless they modified their molds since then it should work.

#11 ·
Those are by far the best tops around.

#12 ·
I'm unsure of the fitment on earlier models, it might just require modification in the rear to fit or it might not fit at all. The vendor only has access to the MK 4 so unfortunately he can't test the fitment for other models. There might be more information about fitment later in the summer. It does require shortened roll bars however the Breeze ones should fit.

#13 ·
Any ideas on how it attaches and the process for removal and install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#14 ·
Fitting of the Hardtop to the body of the 427 Cobra is achieved by means of three bolts over body plus one M6 bolt securing to each lower windscreen corner.

#17 ·
Derald:

Your question reminds me of someone that - many years ago - ordered a 1969 Corvette hardtop from a picture in a magazine.

However, from the photos on the web, this top looks really good. Best looking one that I have seen.

Roy

#20 ·
There's a few people with pictures of these tops on the facebook for Forte's page and Factory Five Builder Page
links here

Forte's:
https://www.facebook.com/Fortespart...ydSo0IkgH6CZaQqyrFvtmPUBbLZOx6fHT5ULA&fref=nf

Factory Five:
https://www.facebook.com/Fortespart...ydSo0IkgH6CZaQqyrFvtmPUBbLZOx6fHT5ULA&fref=nf

From Andy:
The hardtop itself will be mostly assembled ready for fitting including headlining.
As far as fitting goes there are three holes to drill over each rear wing plus a small bracket bolted to the windscreen piller each side.
Windscreen rake may have to be adjusted slightly.
Hard top will still need to be painted so rear quarter windows and stainless molding can be unfitted.

#22 ·
I have actually been drooling over that top for several years. I didn't know that they were doing an FFR version.

What is the definitive answer on the roll bars for the FFR version? How much lower? Is the Breeze rollbar the solution?

I am not at the get my wallet out stage today. But I would be a very possible next year. My wife loves it too. I know that doesn't help since you need to know who is in now.

It there a picture of the mounting holes with the top off?

#23 ·
yes the Breeze roll bars are short enough

#24 ·
These are by far the best looking hardtop available. I originally wanted to chop/modify my APE top to imitate this but the fabrication was just going to be too much for me. I went with a compromise but I can see why these fetch $5k+. Gorgeous!

#25 ·
Love the top, but $8000 Canadian plus shipping would be out of my price range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.