Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my new glovebox insert. These will be available around the first of November. If you have any comments or questions feel free to ask.

Alex

[ November 06, 2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: AC Roadster Interiors ]

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Will the edge be finished? Price? Karl

·
El Conquestador
1,089 Posts
I'm interested, keep me posted!!

·
5,559 Posts
That's an excellent option. Same basic idea as the Finishline one, but a more traditional shape. I have always thought that the Finishline one just looked "wrong".

Karl, that edge is from trimming after the vacuum forming, since the plastic starts out in a larger flat sheet. You can easily just radius the edge with some fine wet sanding, then paint the whole thing with some of that new Krylon spray paint for plastics.

Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good eye Karl,the edge in the pic is sanded.On our finished product the edges will be routed and then flame polished.The doors are moulded ABS.The doors are vinyl covered and have an MDF solid core.I will be using european style cabinet door hinges and cabinet locks.This was designed specifically for the FFR roadster,but can be used in other cars also.The price of these will be about $150.

Alex

·
6,332 Posts
Are you going to cover the door with dash vinyl?
Otherwise, with the pebble grain shown above I don't see any difference from the Finishline box. Maybe it's my eyes. Also, is that edge going to be beveled? Looks like it would protrude from the dash.
Frank

·
Feng Shui Master
1,224 Posts
Would this mount to the dash aluminum from the from or from the rear?
Does the door stand proud of the flange or is it flush?
This is a good looking item.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
I want one!!

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Alex, Perhaps a group buy for say...$125?

Just a thought. Karl

[ October 10, 2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: kgcabs ]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Frank, in the pic above the door is covered in black vinyl and the edge will be beveled, great idea.
Jackal the door and tray that we're making are going to be universal. Here are some pics of the same door and tray that we will be using in our glovebox combo. A third option will be a rear mount glovebox with matching vinyl and closed cell foam for the dash. This would acheive the look I think your looking for. The doors could come padded to match the dash.
The insert will be supported with two aluminum brackets that fasten to two bolts that are through the back of the tray just like your aftermarket guages.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
My car is done so I won't be needing one but you dash/glovebox combo would be a nice factory option from FFR. That looks great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.