Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SuperCobra 1
14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets posts Picture(s) of you Car here with the following info if possible please.
This info will be very important for the new builders to make a decision on what color(s) they would like to paint their car with. Let's be helpful to our fellow builders.

Let's try and enter the following info:
base color/code:
trim color/code:
wheels and tires:
who painted the car:
other body mods made:

you can upload your images into FFCars here:
http://www.ffcars.com/photopost/uploadphoto.php
(you must be logged into FFCars.com)
and you can upload images of your Car there, select the correct Category for your Car (Factory Five Roadster) will be the most common, enter all the info on the Car and colors in the Description for the Photo (if you enter more than one image, it will be better if you make a Notepad file with all the info on the car and just copy it and paste.

I have administrative powers in the Gallery as well, I can edit and delete any image you want me to.

Let's do it !

I will transfer some of the old images in here as well.

Thanks

Sergio

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts

Here's mine. Hummer yellow, no stripes. 17x9 Cobra R wheels, 275x40 R17 rear, 245x45 R17 fronts. Pete

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Since the "Yellow" gallery looks so lonely, I thought I would add a couple of pictures of my car, with even "more" yellow, with its matching hard top:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I can't pass up a post highlighting yellow cobra$. Attached is a shot taken of the family roadster in 2009 at Descanso Gardens in So.Cal. Radar Pete and I have similar tastes as the color is Hummer Yellow with BMW Platinum stripes. Jeff Miller (daBatman) did the prep and paint. He said he wouldn't paint a roadster yellow until I agreed to let him choose the stripe color. We both made great choices.

Attachments

·
Charter Member
2,564 Posts
John,

I'm surprised you didn't post a picture of Dan's Sol-Bra!

Garry

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
any more?????

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bit of a teaser

Seeing the yellow gallery thread come up again, thought I'd throw a picture up as a bit of a teaser.

Originally the wife and I decided on a black stripe on yellow for our car but after sighting a couple of cars painted in this scheme here in Oz she who must be obeyed wanted to go for a combination less copied.

I did post a thread many months ago here asking if anyone had sighted a dark blue stripe on yellow combination with not one lead. Seems the boss may have hit on a little used combination.

The two colours shown here are just standard paints on cars here, the yellow a solid colour, and quite similar in shade to the last cobra with silver stripes, and the blue has a touch of fleck throughout.

I'd have to say I was a bit dubious about the combo but in the past my wife has proven a talent for such things. When the opportunity arose for me to source the standard yellow colour bonnet it was an easy task to get the stripes added and the full size test has me convinced.

The blue is quite dark and in dull light and off angles looks black but any burst of sunlight fires out a brilliant blue. The left stripe end in the sun only gives a hint of the change that occurs.

The picture doesn't do the colours justice of course.

It will be several months before paint is applied to the car but I can't wait.

Enjoy.

Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,679 Posts
Mine's also yellow/black. Ford yellow (although Fisher snow plow is a very close match!)and GM black. Very bright yellow. This is my 6th car that I have built over the past 12 years and it seems as though the stripes have been getting wider and wider!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts