GM Silver stripes

·
Junior Charter Member
334 Posts
FFR Roadster 6198RD

Colors: 2012 Expedition FL Toreador Red with standard gloss black
Wheels: 17" Halibrand Replica wheels - Centers painted gloss black
Painter: Nickname only - Bowie
Modifications: rolled edges, custom cowl stripes (Terlingua Racing Team), hood scoop separated and stainless steel hex button head screws, finished underneath hood and trunk including stripe across rear (my idea), trunk boxes, fire suppression system, external battery terminals, spare tire, fresh air vents, battery box, heater system, cup holders, black carpet interior, custom gauge pod and wallet pocket under dash over trans tunnel, '98 Cobra Brakes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Older Build Still Looking Good

Here's a May, 2010 picture of my then just completed red roadster painted by Murrill in Washington, MO. Murrill said E4 red was as red as he could get. Going into its seventh summer it has less than 3,000 miles. Had the engine and transmission rebuilt because of a bad choice on the donor for same. Had Murrill fix a busted fender and repaint the driver's side from a full throttle shift from 1-2 spin-out. Tamed it a little by going from a 3:55 to a 3:23 gear plus its much better at highway speed. Added a mesh grill and took off the circle chrome piece on the front. This spring I had to repair the behind the dash wiring because mices (I hate them) spent the winter chewing on the wiring. Need to carpet again because of the crappy job I did twice. Thinking of a light to medium gray instead of black.

The 347 has a healthy cam and sounds really good idling around my little town. I turned 70 last year so its getting harder and harder to get in and out of it. Still a great toy that brings me a lot of pleasure.

Attachments

41 - 57 of 57 Posts