Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Black pictures has disapeared I thought I would start a new one......I think they look sharp painted Black.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Here's mine....

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep,black widow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I like 'em all!

Guys, these are some great cars. I don't want to hijack but I've got to ask because I've been thinking about black myself but have reservations after owning a black Harley. I found fine lines (scratches) in the clear coat after maybe a year of driving. I did all I could to keep it in great shape, always used microfiber cloth to clean it, etc so it broke my heart when I realized it was something I'd have to deal with. Is this a problem that you have seen in your high end paint jobs, or is it possible that I just grabbed a bad cloth that one time? I would LOVE to have a black roadster to replace 'Maggie', the bike I sold to get me started, but worrying about how visible these scratches were is my biggest reservation.

·
Snake Farmer
10,264 Posts
I agree the roadster looks very aggressive in black, some real beauty's shown here. It is also without a doubt, one of the hardest colors to maintain. Even careful washing can cause scratch's, and spider web swirls.

I'm lucky as I don't have that issue...yet..:001_tongue:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Guys, these are some great cars. I don't want to hijack but I've got to ask because I've been thinking about black myself but have reservations after owning a black Harley. I found fine lines (scratches) in the clear coat after maybe a year of driving. I did all I could to keep it in great shape, always used microfiber cloth to clean it, etc so it broke my heart when I realized it was something I'd have to deal with. Is this a problem that you have seen in your high end paint jobs, or is it possible that I just grabbed a bad cloth that one time? I would LOVE to have a black roadster to replace 'Maggie', the bike I sold to get me started, but worrying about how visible these scratches were is my biggest reservation.

You will get that problem with any color paint. Careful washing (clean soft micro fiber, washing the highest parts of the body first then working your way down. Also use 2 buckets of water. One for soap and water and the other with just water. After washing a panel, rinse your micro fiber in the water bucket before going for more soap. Your cloth and your soap will stay cleaner and do less damage to your paint.) will slow this down but you will still get it. I had a Silver Olds and even though they were harder to see they were there. But the good news is they can be buffed out.

James

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Here ya go...

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts