Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This new look is absolute shit. Too much color and crap. It's too hard to focus on the threads because they seem to take a back seat to all the advertising around them.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Click the double up arrow next to the title recent discussions and it will minimize
Thanks, but I don't want to minimize, I want it gone. I want my wider posts back.

Hmmm, also seeing I get "Notifications" now for every Quote and Like I receive, this could get Annoying fast.

btw, can you tell we don't WANT change! Hell, we're driving reproductions of cars made 50 years ago, and think it better than Sliced Bread!! HA!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nope - Windows 10 here.... I just changed to the "classic" look - still not "right", but much better. Why fix what wasn't broken?

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
21,615 Posts
Change.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I didn't like it either but I tried to find the classic setting mentioned above. To undo this mess, follow the below.

-Go to User CP
-From User CP, select Edit Options under Settings & Options.
-At the bottom of Edit Options, under Miscellaneous Options, use the last (second) drop down menu and select FFCars.com (classic) to change the forum skin.
Thanks Motorhead.You saved the day.I did above ^ and its better .Still not all the way back to classic tho

·
Not a waxer
11,630 Posts
I didn't like it either but I tried to find the classic setting mentioned above. To undo this mess, follow the below.

-Go to User CP
-From User CP, select Edit Options under Settings & Options.
-At the bottom of Edit Options, under Miscellaneous Options, use the last (second) drop down menu and select FFCars.com (classic) to change the forum skin.
It's not necessary to go to the User CP; just scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the dropdown box on the LH side of the bold bar just above all of the fine print.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Cartoonish

The new look is like a comic book or a cartoon. A few new functions might be OK but the Graphics are way too bold for my taste.

Now with a large slice of sharp cheddar on the side I offer the following Whine The new banner is nice but once again the 33 stepchild got left out. It should be right up there with the rest of those beautiful cars. I couldn't find a steaming pile of poo in the new Icons or it would have gone here X
DB
Hemi33

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,347 Posts
It's not necessary to go to the User CP; just scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the dropdown box on the LH side of the bold bar just above all of the fine print.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, this is much better.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Change just for the sake of change

They changed vintage-mustang.com but no improvement, just changed it. I guess since the same people own both sites, they wanted them look about the same.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh.......classic look!

:beerchug:

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
13,027 Posts
I like the old look better. I also noticed some strange new issues. Such as looking at the post on the Minigrill and it clearly shows Mikeinatlanta was the last to post yet when I go in the thread it shows me as the last poster? I have noticed that with several other threads

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,167 Posts
It is Auto Guide. They are updating all of their forums with this new format/skin. One thing I wish WOULD change is having to click "quick reply" to be able to type in the reply box. This is the only forum I use that has that. You should be able to just click anywhere in the open reply box and start typing. Why do I have to click "quick reply" to turn the box "on" and then click in it to start typing my reply?

I'm used to the format from Vintage-Mustang.com forums, but I know some will want the old format, as they did over on the VMF. The easiest is the quick quick style chooser at the lower left at the very bottom of every page.

HTH...
Mark

·
8,350 Posts

·
FFR Driver
2,153 Posts
The new look is like a comic book or a cartoon. A few new functions might be OK but the Graphics are way too bold for my taste.

Now with a large slice of sharp cheddar on the side I offer the following Whine The new banner is nice but once again the 33 stepchild got left out. It should be right up there with the rest of those beautiful cars. I couldn't find a steaming pile of poo in the new Icons or it would have gone here X
DB
Hemi33
Your right! First thing that came to mind was "Calvin and Hobbes" when I opened up with the "New" look.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts