Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ughhh, new look and it took 3 tries to get this page to load.

Thanks Obama..... >:)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Oh look, new smileys too! :wink2::nerd::x

·
Not a waxer
11,636 Posts
But it seems like we get more ads, aren't those good?!?
Not just ads but clickbait too! Hmmm, you don't suppose those are the real reasons behind the "upgrade" do ya'?

Jeff

·
Charter Member
1,480 Posts
Thought it was me but NO!!! I don't like it. Following in Obama's footsteps...change. Mike

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
I didn't like it either but I tried to find the classic setting mentioned above. To undo this mess, follow the below.

-Go to User CP
-From User CP, select Edit Options under Settings & Options.
-At the bottom of Edit Options, under Miscellaneous Options, use the last (second) drop down menu and select FFCars.com (classic) to change the forum skin.
-Click save changes and you're done.

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
classic view worked but can you also make the post window full width somehow? Lots of white space to the right now.
That's due to what is on the side if you scroll up. Was pretty much the same way with the old format. Technically this area works great for ads, if you don't have ad blockers installed, which I do.

I like the fact that you can like a post now. :smile2:

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh that is MUCH mo bettah. Gracias!

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
21,652 Posts
Classic view saved it for me. Almost as good as the old way.

Greg

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Found Classic Format

Gave the new a try but not gonna happen. Glad I found the key to the Classic Format.

Classic view saved it for me. Almost as good as the old way.

Greg

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
21,652 Posts
The "Likes" are on me. A round for the house. :)

I just noticed when someone quotes you, you get a notification. Building narcissism one quote at a time :)

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Classic is MUCH BETTER! Thanks guys!

OK, so how do we get rid of the annoying ">> Recent Discussions" column? :grin2:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Try going to the top of this windows page and open a new window.

Don't know how I did it but I got the original home page but it's now called the Active Topics page but I can only get it when I open a new window not by hitting the Active Topics page. I know that makes no sense but it's sorta working for me.

I figure they are still working on fixing things, hopefully for the better like it used to be.

George

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Don't know what the deal is, but in about another 24 hours of the vendor banners being gone, so am I.

To be blunt, you need to very quickly gain an understanding of who needs whom around here.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts