Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't there a new FFR video that was supposed to be available July 1? Unless I'm mistaken, today is July First. Any news on this? Weren't us lucky FFR members supposed to get first dibbs on these videos or something? I just can't get enough
viewing time :)

Thanks,
Bret

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
I got mine today. I put my name on a list at the FFR Open House.

Olli

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
I know there mailing though i didnt get mine as of yet! I put my name on a list at Carlisle kit car show!

Rgds

ROB

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Maybe the video is on backorder! Just kidding...couldn't resist. ;)

CJ

·
mk 1.5 original
562 Posts
where did you sign up to get the video? are they free? thanks,chris

·
Charter Member
85 Posts
Is this an updated build video, or something different? A new build video would be awsome -- it's great just to see how things look after they're together, even if they don't show you how to do it. I keep the old build video in a spare VCR/TV in my garage next to my build so I can look for little details when I need them.

·
Charter Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back at the time of the supercar announcement, Bill also mentioned that members of FFcobra would be able to sign up for the video when it was available (somehow, he didn't describe how).

Bill, is this sign-up going to be available? (I really don't want to come across as impatient because you do some much for the members of this forum)

Thanks,
Bret

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you...but since I had the original promo tape and the assembly tape, I was able to compare this one.

Much more professionally done, but still has the "Smith sense of humor" throughout. It would have been exceptionally cool to have the FFR "5" after the FBI warning with an engine startup....like Gumball. I hope you all noticed the wording on the top of the FBI warning...it was...uh...modified a bit. The ending is just right. Leaves a smile on your face and leaves the wife rolling her eyes.

The whole tape makes me want to go out and buy a kit...then I remember that I already have one....so I feel even better :D .

Maybe someone should start a thread with trivia...like who are all unnamed the unnamed owners in the tape. I don't remember if Gary Chaney is named, the Borden's aren't.

They do also show the first fitting of the Kirkham body to the FFR chassis.

jack

·
12,650 Posts
Originally posted by Jack ffr1846:
The whole tape makes me want to go out and buy a kit...then I remember that I already have one....so I feel even better :D .
SUPER VIDEO, I too want to go out and buy another one :D :D

My wife still wants the coupe.....altho the coupster caught her eye also.

Im in it. My Primered car is in it behind RICK WILLIAMS in several SHOTS.

THE FAMOUS RACERAL is in it with out his goat. :D :D

AL, Like Me was not allow to speak.
:D :D

Jeff Collins, Sean Moore, CreamCicle RIck. Dave Van has a speaking Part.

I watched it twice. My Wife Really enjoyed it.

earl

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got mine yesterday...I watched it immediately! Very nice job.

My wife sat through it as well she loves the MKII and HATES :mad: the GTM-200.

After the video she declared mine has to be Britsh racing green with a tan interior (I didn't even see a green car in the video - and she wants a passenger side roll bar (the video of the roll over got her spooked). At least she is on board (Yippee ! :D :D :D )

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Got mine yesterday too. The wife and I watched it together. The first thing I said after it was over is "I'm SO glad I have the car before I got the video, because if I had seen the video without having the car, I'd bug the crap out of you until you let me get one!" Got me all fired up to go out and drive my car. Very well done. Even my wife liked it, as she would barely stop talking throught the video, commenting on everything. She learned as much as I did, and is really on board. We had seen another Cobra in person (not FFR), with the driving lights mounted in the huge opening, which she really likes. After the video, she said, "How come none of those cars have the lights?" Now she's pushing me to go buy them for our Cobra.

I would tell anyone who wants to watch the video to be prepared to be hooked. Awesome car, great product. I still can't believe I actually have one.

Steve

[ July 02, 2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Klayfish ]

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
How does one get this tape?

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Within 30 minutes, I'll have a page set-up for FFCars members to sign-up for a free video. They won't always be free, so when I get the page up, I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts