Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this on the F5 web site. When did these come out? They look just like the new Kirkham gauges and bet any money that Kirkham is making them for F5. They are a little cheaper then the Kirkhams. If this been posted before about these gauges I apologize to the F5 gods of the forum.

Sorry guys I posted the wrong link those are Autometers. These are the one I am taking about they are not auto meters.

http://parts.factoryfive.com/newcatalog/interior/ffrgauges.htm

[ August 26, 2007, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Jetsbaby ]

·
Junior Charter Member
873 Posts
They do say autometer on the face...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like them! There's no Oil Temp guage though. Do I need an oil temp guage?............I'd rather have one than a clock!
Andrew

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I don't think these are the Autometer's. If I remember correctly the Autometer Cobra style gauges are mechanical and these are fully electric. They also say Factory Five Racing on the face not Autometer. These are new to their web site. They only posted the price this past week. Before that the price was TBD.

I have been looking at changing the Mustang gauges on my MKI and was for the most part sold on going with the Classic Gauges similar to the ones sold by Whitby Motors but these are giving me second thoughts.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Just checked out the Kirkham web site and I think Jetsbaby is right. Looks like they are made by Revolution Gauges.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this manufacturer? If you look at speedhut.com they have some cool 4" tachs with built-in shift lights.

[ August 26, 2007, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Randy H ]

·
Senior Charter Member
2,424 Posts
They are about $330 more than the Autometer but they definately have the WOW factor. I like the programable part and the fact they say FFR on them instead of autometer. I might just order my kit tomorrow...looks like the additional cost you guys all talk about is going to happen before I even order now!

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
C6ZZ,

If you go to speedhut.com you can get this same gauge for the oil temp along with other needs. However, from what I can tell you would save a couple of hundred by going with FFR and just getting the oil temp gauge elsewhere.

Pricing the gauges with an oil temp gauge they were already over $940 and I think you still need the sensor for the speedo. FFR provides everything for seven and change.

I could do without the oil temp gauge but really wish FFR would offer the tach with the shift lights.

Has anyone found different vendors for the Revolution Gauges?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kirkham will sell the gauges individually. Just look at the site. I noticed that the fuel gauge comes with a sender unit that adapts to the size of the tank. The speedometer can come with a turn signals and high beam indicator built in for an extra thirty dollars.

http://www.thomaskirkham.com/index.html

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Those are very cool gauges...and sounds like they com with a nice harness. They are shallow, and the night shot of them is very bright. I like them!

·
Administrator
7,016 Posts
Dang it! :mad: Those are AT LEAST several hundred less than I paid Kirkham for the gauges last year, and mine don't say factory five racing on them.

I was robbed!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Yep - look very nice - however, how robust will they be? While I don't need gages... if I did I'd put a little extra down for a set of trustworthy (proven) Classics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts