Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't figure out where to post this so thought I would start here...

Has there been any discussion about the new Factory Five F9/F9R Supercar being developed? The LS V12 engine is certainly intriguing but , of course, my first question is what is the projected cost of this kit? And what is the cost of the new LS V12 engine they are discussing for this car? Any other information forthcoming or are they keeping this one under their hat a bit until release time?

TIA, Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just the LS V12 engine is over $50k.

I am hoping that FFR has both a carbon fiber and fiber glass bodies when it comes out. I really like the look of the car so far, but really want to know what the pricing is going to be.

·
Not a waxer
11,627 Posts
Just the LS V12 engine is over $50k.
But you don't have to use that. The car will be set up to accommodate a V8 LS, Coyote and even a lowly Windsor.

Jeff

·
Charter Member
6,141 Posts
You're going to spend north of 100k for that car build if you are being realistic.

·
Man Cave Master Craftsman
493 Posts
Here is the link to the F9R Concept Supercar Update at the Factory Five Website. All I can say is WOW!

·
Snake Farmer
10,261 Posts
You think $100k to build it?😳
Hmmmm...a 2020 Vette, and a 2020 Shelby Mustang, come with warranty, and you don't have to build them..:unsure:

·
Registered
379 Posts
If it has room for a v12 LS it has room for a LS and twin turbos... 😃 and im a ford guy but after shoehorning a 32v modular motor into a gen2 coupe chassis I can appreciate the LS packaging size for kit cars.

·
Charter Member
6,141 Posts
There must be a market for 100k plus projects, RCR would not have a business. All of their kits are 40-60k and you will end up spending well over a 100k to complete them. I know a number of guys that have spent 150k.
It isn't something I would look into. My radar is on a 4 year old Merc AMG GT S. Current values at a 100k discount :cool:

·
Super Moderator
29,325 Posts
It’s a beautiful car. But it’s beyond what I can afford now that I’m retired

·
Snake Farmer
10,261 Posts
Unless one is really wanting to build their own car, for the satisfaction that can bring you, (which it does), as far as an investment, (that potentially could grow), a new Vette is by far the better bang for the buck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts