Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Builder of OVERKILL!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got tune time with Steve Petty, he changed my tune around and with bigger injectors, bigger turbo and Methanol injection since my last tune, I made 924rwhp and 986rwtq. The better numbers came with much less boost, 18.6 psi vs 21.4 psi with my old set-up (850rwhp/ 889rwtq). The power was with mostly 93 octane with only 2 gallons of VP 109 race gas added to a little under half a tank, for safety. We did not go any farther with out more race gas. With the higher power levels in the lower gears, I found the end of all my great traction, if I leave it at this power level I would not be able to put the peddle to the floor until 3rd gear. My lowest boost setting was 13 psi and gave my 834rwhp, I plan on backing down a waste gate spring to lower the boost for pump gas only for the street. With my next level down spring I should still be around 750-760rwhp and can still turn it up to 2 1/2 times the spring pressure with race gas. I will post a dyno video. Enjoy ---------------------------------

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Freaking insane numbers... I am probably around 450 to the wheels and it seems crazy enough at that :)

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
You're close enough, go for 1,000.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,688 Posts
I'm confused. I thought your last dyno run with the old setup was 850 rwhp at 19 psi (not 21.4) with a pig rich tune. Were you having to run race gas then? If you were hooking decent with 850 rwhp before, why would you run 750 rwhp now with all the upgrades? Any chance you're going back to the dyno with some C16 and see what it can do? It would be awesome if you had the first FFR to eclipse the magic 1000 rwhp mark. Cheers.
Thomas

·
Builder of OVERKILL!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thomas W., my last dyno was 850 /889 at 19.? psi but after my 120 lb/hr injectors I turned the boost up some to read on my data-logs between 21-23psi (no Dyno). I was running pump gas alone up to 835rwhp and adding Toluene and or race gas to the pump to get the octane up for safety. Steve Petty the tuner told me it was best to run some race gas mixed in if I planned on running at +825rwhp on the street. After the tune the car pulls harder and the HP/TQ don't fall off like it was with the richer tune, he also added timing after peak torque. I ask about the combo making more power at less boost he told me that it was probably do to after loading the turbo??? Maybe unburnt fuel firing off in the hot down-pipe??? Not sure how that works but he knows how to make it haul a$$. With my combo I really was not wanting to increase my low level boost just high level, most of my upgrades were for safety, bigger injectors, Methanol, the only thing to add power was the bigger turbo and that was thanks to a rock entering the turbo (run without my filter). With the smaller spring my boost was about 1.5-2psi less on the low side but can still run as much as 24-27 psi on the high side at the flip of a switch and adding some race fuel. The tuner said with my combo and C16 we should be able to lay down close to 1100rwhp. I will make another trip to the Dyno with some race gas and see what it is able to put down. I would also like to see the magical 1000rwhp. On a side note, I was at a car show today at SGMP and I was ask about taking photo's of my car today for a feature in Muscle Mustangs & fast Fords!!! They will be calling me Monday to set it up. Thanks for all the great comments about the car, I will try to do the FFR community proud with the article about the car.

·
Big Kahuna
5,671 Posts
Can I borrow 300HP? You will NEVER miss it...

·
8,167 Posts
OK two things; Holy Schiznit! :eek: and where's the parachute? cause you're certainly gonna need one. I would like to see you break the magical 1000 RWHP number too, what a cool thing to be able to say about your car.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
I have 3.08's in the rear.
okay, and a ONE SPEED transmission? you, Thomas W. and Tommy G are nutzos!

when me and Tommy G went head to head on the strip, he was a wee dot in the distance... meanwhile i'm spinning in second gear!

automatics and sticky tires are the key, but still, i don't get it!!!!!

:huh: how do you drive your cars? (straight, i mean!) :huh:

must have mad skills

·
Registered
34 Posts
here's a helpful tip and trick that we use locally here.

Why are we spending so much for 100+ octane "race fuel".

We're running "AV Gas"(aviation fuel), from the local airport. It's shell fuel, but it's pretty and blue and smells like something you'd expect out of a science lab. It's over 100 octane by a long shot, and it's selling for $4 and change here (Ridgeland, MS).

I encourage you to give this a try. I wouldn't jump off substituting it for race fuel just yet, but definitely sub it over whatever you're buying at the pump. Maybe pick up a few gallons the next time you have a dyno session and let us know what you make with it.

·
Builder of OVERKILL!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have any street or track videos. I hope to get a GO-Pro HD camera for Christmas. The 924rwhp/ 986rwtq was at 18 psi and now I am at 23-24 psi. It's fun when a sport bike pulls up on you and you leave him like he is sitting still.

·
Builder of OVERKILL!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found my old thread here. Video

Here is a short blast in the Roadster around 740rwhp. We started at a stand still and, blasted to 155mph where I let off the gas. The camera took about a second to start recording, we were going around 30-35 when the movie started showing. The car tops 4th gear at 168mph and I have 5th to go. Of course this was in Mexico, wink, wink. The car hooks up well, and is very stable on the road.
https://youtu.be/gy3RpkhPcZ8

1 - 16 of 16 Posts