·
Registered
65 coupe, 69 Etype OTS, 68 Etype Coupe, Nissan GTR35, 77 corvette Stingray
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Just starting my 65 coupe build.
RHD power steering, A/C, IRS, coyote with whipple SC
First day of building,m already in trouble!
Steering rack (flaming river, power) looks nothing like the instructions, and there doesnt seem to be any bracket on the chassis?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
Just starting my 65 coupe build.
RHD power steering, A/C, IRS, coyote with whipple SC
First day of building,m already in trouble!
Steering rack (flaming river, power) looks nothing like the instructions, and there doesnt seem to be any bracket on the chassis?
Hi
yeah I don't think the RHD steering system has ever been fitted by FFR.

I had to cut off the lugs that are on the chassis for the LHD rack and drill new holes for the RHD version.
Mine wasn't power steering, but under the rubber bellows there was an extension piece added. With this in place the rack wouldn't fit.
I removed the extension and fitted it centrally, so each end had the same distance from each wheel hub.

Now I'm in the final stages of the build I have found I can't get enough thread into the rod ends, so I am having a pair of extensions made that are half the size of the original I removed and fitting one at each end so effectively it will be the length that FFR sent it, but it will sit in the middle of the chassis now (i.e. one each sider rather than one big one)

Hope that makes sense
thanks
Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phil
thanks
this is what its meant to look like
Line Automotive exterior Font Automotive design Triangle

but the green bracket isnt there, neither are the chassis extensions
piers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Being a fellow RHD'er, I remember when they recently offered this kit, at least for the Mk4 anyway. You should have been supplied with that adaptor plate that is showing highlighted in green. Also brackets to hold the PS rack assembly in place.

I am pretty sure there is an installation supplement on their website. I went looking, but am struggling with my mobile phone at the moment.

Cheers Nigel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks nigel
I'm expecting there is a plate missing, however, it cant be the same as the mk4, as the chassis brackets are different I ie not present on the coupe RHD
piers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts