Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the new corrected HR grille from FFR yet? If so could you please post a picture of it here. I have one "on it's way" but it will take weeks to cross the Pacific.
Thanks,
Neil.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps not so simple Doc. Your attached thumbnail is a Before and After shot of some of your renowned surgery (12-21-2011) but very recently FFR announced the arrival of a New Corrected Grille without the raised eyebrow and orthodontic issues.

· Senior Charter Member
794 Posts
I got my kit about 3 weeks ago, not sure if this is the new one?
Yours looks better than the one I have, so you might have a new one.

· Lurker/hopeful
578 Posts
A more straight on shot will help us see if the eyebrow has been fixed. As for the insert, follow the center rib from top to bottom. On the older grills it was offset on one end.

If it started in the center at the top, it ended up off by a little at the bottom.

Just from what I can see, yours looks pretty good top and bottom.

· Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Hey Geoff. I'm with ya on that thought about adding character to your car. Isn't Jim Nabors from AL too?
Yep, moved to SoCal because of asthma. I never met him. Haha, I'm not from AL. My Dad was born in SC but grew up in the UK and US. My Mom from NZ but raised in NC. Military family so I don't know where I'm from???? I've lived in many countries and states but I'm pretty happy in this small town. :icon18:

· Senior Charter Member
794 Posts
I'm not going to fix mine. It adds character to the car. :icon18:

You gonna chrome it or polish it or leave it raw. Just curious.

· Registered
210 Posts
I agree with you, character is cool. My car is going to have lots of 'character' features.:cool:

I'm not going to fix mine. It adds character to the car. :icon18:

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a shot of the new corrected grille from FFR, and one of it side by side with the original one that came with the kit. Gone are the slanted bars and the raised eyebrow. You can decide if you really need one at $450.

· Premium Member
9,596 Posts
It's not worth $450 to me. They should offer a trade in for those who can't live with the substandard part initially shipped!

If anyone wants to get rid of their substandard grille to reduce the price of the new one, I could use a backup. That might reduce the sting of the new one and gives me an opportunity to mount up my second radiator. I'm not paying big bucks though, that thing is lopsided. :w00t::w00t:

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not worth $450 to me. They should offer a trade in for those who can't live with the substandard part initially shipped!

The $450 tag is the discounted price to those who got the distorted gille with their kit. I suppose it's like a trade in but you get to keep your trade.
Racer 28's "Double Vision" post here has me wondering if the "front on" shot tells the story of the old vs. new grilles. I'd be keen to hear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.