Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and bought a FFR Cobra with a levy racing stage 5 408 - never have driven anything like it!! Looking forward to learning a lot from this form.

Few newbe questions for your guys:

1) Anyone have a good mechanic that they use in the Chicago area for their cars - figure I should have that just in case
2) Any other Chicago owners get together here and go for drives when the weather gets nice? Or know of some good roads to enjoy?
3) Is there an easy way to determine which model I have? (Mk !, II, etc)? My guess is Mark I since it was bought in 2001.

Thanks!

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
There are quite a few folks in your area with these cars that can help. Please feel free to give me a call. I am curious about who's car you purchased. I can be reached at 520-494-2745. You will have a great time.

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wecome

Hi Chicago408
There's all kinds of roads to run and people to run with in Chicago and the burbs. We're glad to have another cobra in the pack.
Go on the Windy City Cobra Club sight just introduce yourself and see all the hits you'll get from the guy's and girl's out here !
Welcome to the fun Darryl

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. I am in the downtown area (gold coast / old town). Looking forward to the weather breaking in a few months so I can take it out and enjoy it a bit...it is going to be a long summer! What tires do you guys recommend on a 15" rim btw - seems like the BF T/A Radials I have on it now are not all that sticky.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Can't help you with the tires, remember you are on real cold pavement and nothing will hook right now. I run MT drag radials but that's on a 17" wheel. I'm just over the border in NW Indiana. Easy ride out of town on the tollway. You will want to get that car out of the city to enjoy it. Cruise out one day. I'll be dropping in my new motor (408) in a couple months. Feel free to stop by.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.