Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started building my 65 Coupe and noticed that the ball mount joints are different from those in the manual. Mine are welded at angles, so that when I turn one upside down, so that the solid corners are both facing the front, the ball joints are at different angles. Does this matter? If so, do I disregard the instruction to have both solid corners toward the front?

Photo attached.

Thanks very much,
John

Attachments

· Registered
3,619 Posts
Is this a new kit? The angled ends look like the ones that came with my kit that I bought in 03. When I built mine the solid end was in front on one side and in the back on the other. I just looked at my old assembly manual and it says to mount the long side of the angled attachment point to the inside so the ball joint does not bind at full drop. The ball joint screws in from either side and once you tighten the jam nuts the link is solid. I did have to flip them over when I added the SAI mod to my car which lowers the inner attachment of the UCA.
I suggest you try this for more info:
1) go to google or use the link below
2) enter site:ffcars.com upper control arms or anything else you want info about like site:ffcars.com ball joint install
Keep in touch:
HTH
CB

· Not a waxer
12,098 Posts
FFR recently went to a different UCA which uses the 15 degree ball joint plate rather than the zero degree versions that they supplied for the past several years (CB is right; if you go back even farther they used the angled plate previously). Apparently the manual has not been updated but the only way to make it work is to have the solid link at the front on one side and to the rear on the other.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.