Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home today so find UPS dropping off some packages.

1st: Drive Shaft Shop Chromoly 300M Level 5 Halfshafts with custom 31 Spline Chromoly 300M Inner CV's and strengthened 28 spline outer CV's. Good for 950 Rear Wheel HP.

Also found him delivering my 255/40/17 and 315/35/17 Chrome FR500's with Sumitomo tires:

I just need to find a decent looking center cap. I'm thinking a plain round carbon fiber piece might look good and tie the wheels into the spats, doors, and dashboard that I plan to do.

If you're interested, I got the axles here: http://www.driveshaftshop.com and they ran $1500.

I got the wheels and tires from http://www.americanmuscle.com and they ran $1200 with free shipping and free mounting/balancing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dude! You stole those wheels & tires! According to my math (I was a victim of public schools), I was going to have to sacrifice my kids college fund to pay for the Halibrands from FFR ($1720) wrapped in Goodyear rubber ($1200). The FR500 are good looking wheels. Maybe the kids can still go to college if I go with your package.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
low,

You must be trying to wrap your wheels in F1 tires. I looked at those too. $300 per tire is nuts. How well can they possibly perform. I don't plan to drive in the rain any more than is necessary so all I wanted was something that stuck good to dry pavement and didn't wear out in a week (although this first set might :D ).

The only downside to American Muscle is their lack of 315 tires to choose from. It's either the Sumi's that I got or Nitto drag radials. The Nitto's will stick like glue, but they have a 3 of 10 wear rating.

The Halibrands are great for the classic look, but if you aren't going for that, they are overpriced. I'm going for a completely updated look so the FR500's fit in perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts