Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recomendations on where to pick up some new 5lug axle shafts (for a 87-93 axle) - I was cruising through the Ford part's catalogue and saw now they want like 350 for them (weren't they 200 last year?).

I see Richard Orben carries 5lug fox length axles, but I don't quite understand what is meant by 'hub centric'? - is anybody running these, and if so, are they any different than ones bought from Ford?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Check with Mike Forte. He may have some in stock. You're right on those prices. They skyrocketed in the last year or so.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
Hubcentric just means the wheels are centered by a ring on the hub, as opposed to being centered by the lugs. The ranger axles are not hubcentric; those Richard sells are... I think Richards are around $190??

·
Banned
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by edhunter:
Hubcentric just means the wheels are centered by a ring on the hub, as opposed to being centered by the lugs. The ranger axles are not hubcentric; those Richard sells are... I think Richards are around $190??
So any brake/wheel setup (right now I'm using 17'' bullet anthracite's and Breeze's front/rear ez-stop package) that would work with regular fox body 5lug axles would work exactly the same with those hubcentric ones that Richard sells?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I dont know how much they cost, but the axles Cypress auto included in my kit are from Yukon... So far they hold the wheels up off the ground pretty darn good!

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
depends how much power you have . $300pr for moser is a good price . Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts