Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello NorCal,
My name is Brandon, I currently live on the Peninsula and I’ll be taking delivery of a '33 Hot Rod kit here in just a few days. My goal is to create a pro-touring-like '33 on a budget with a build time of 9-12 months. I’d like to get it running and registered in that time and then focus on building it out into the aggressive '33 I have in my head.

I'd love to meet other builders in the area (especially '33s) and look forward to participating in local events. There are several topics like taxes, sb100 registration and laws related to kit cars that I'm not 100% certain so I'll be picking your brains when the time comes. I thank all of you in advance.

-Brandon

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome Brandon.. Keep your eyes open here for get-together events. We try to do something once a month during driving weather. Also, a group of guys gets together at " The Diner" in Los Gatos every Sat morning at 8:30 as part of the BACC. (Bay Area cobra club). Search them out on the web..you'll find that the guys who have built these cars are incredibly generous with their time and expertise and you'll find lots of help. I bought my car half finished already , and I was very lost when it all showed up in my garage. A couple of members came over, having never met me before , and spent 3 hrs helping me get straightened out. I'm sure you'll find all the help that you need. I look forward to meeting you myself.

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
Welcome Brandon! I grew up on the peninsula, but live in the east bay now. I love the 33 and would like to build one some day. Would love to come check yours out when you get going and maybe lend a hand too. My coupe is off to paint but I will be starting to attend local events soon. The people on this forum are amazingly helpful and you will find all the support you need here. Link us to your build thread if you make one. We like pictures!

Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely keep my eyes open for cruises and local events. It doesn't matter if the car is finished or not. If you haven't been to Cars and Coffee SF yet, you should. It's held on Treasure Island and the cars are impressive from both the builder and the buyer perspective.

The car has been here for about a week now. Inventory is done and assembly is starting to come along. I need a few parts from FFR to get the car on the ground so I'll be focusing on buying an 8.8 in the meantime followed by the engine (302/351) and tranny (T-5) here soon. Any suggestions on sourcing those locally?

I appreciate the welcome guys. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your rides.

Jeff, what color(s) did you end up painting your '65?

JC, beautiful car... that paint job is sick.

Pics of '33 #799:

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
Hey Gsnipe, I am going with Dodge B5 Blue. Although there is still time to change my mind!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
776 Posts
Brandon give me a call if you are looking parts I'm in the auto recycling business I'm in SF. my car is a donor build. I've supplied some guys rearend for their cars. Cell is 408 316 0199. Let me know if ya need anything or a hand some time. Have a few t-5s that can be built and explorer intakes if your gonna got injected. Freddie

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts