Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have an opportunity to sell my MK4 to a gent in Las Vegas.

The roadster is registered in Arizona as a 1965 SPCN vehicle. If relocated to Nevada, could it be registered as a 1965? How about insurance/ Any issues? Any particular DMV in Las Vegas area better than the others?

·
Vegasjack
109 Posts
I may have an opportunity to sell my MK4 to a gent in Las Vegas.

The roadster is registered in Arizona as a 1965 SPCN vehicle. If relocated to Nevada, could it be registered as a 1965? How about insurance/ Any issues? Any particular DMV in Las Vegas area better than the others?
Since your car is currently registered, NV will use that registration to re-register it in Nevada. No, they won't change the year. They will probably change the SPCN to AssmVeh (assembled vehicle) Yes, you will need proof of insurance. You will also have to take it to the Sahara Blvd DMV to have a SMOG check done. NO, you do not have to comply with SMOG, they will look at paperwork and give you a SMOG exemption. Then You need to take it to a DMV VIN inspection station to have a VIN verification done. I trailered it to both locations. No safety inspection required as it is currently licensed in another state. If you don't have wipers, keep your mouth shut and don't bring up the issue. Not too bad since already registered. I have done 2 vehicles in Nevada. If you wish to drive it to these locations, if your Arizona reg is current, you are good to go. If not, get a trip permit.

·
Vegasjack
109 Posts
Since your car is currently registered, NV will use that registration to re-register it in Nevada. No, they won't change the year. They will probably change the SPCN to AssmVeh (assembled vehicle) Yes, you will need proof of insurance. You will also have to take it to the Sahara Blvd DMV to have a SMOG check done. NO, you do not have to comply with SMOG, they will look at paperwork and give you a SMOG exemption. Then You need to take it to a DMV VIN inspection station to have a VIN verification done. I trailered it to both locations. No safety inspection required as it is currently licensed in another state. If you don't have wipers, keep your mouth shut and don't bring up the issue. Not too bad since already registered. I have done 2 vehicles in Nevada. If you wish to drive it to these locations, if your Arizona reg is current, you are good to go. If not, get a trip permit.
Your car will be licensed under the Replica category. NV only does 100 a year. I registered both in November and had no problem getting in. But I am not sure when their year starts, Jan. 1 or maybe July 1???? For info google the Replica registration for NV, but remember, you won't need the safety inspection since your car is registered.

·
Vegasjack
109 Posts
Your car will be licensed under the Replica category. NV only does 100 a year. I registered both in November and had no problem getting in. But I am not sure when their year starts, Jan. 1 or maybe July 1???? For info google the Replica registration for NV, but remember, you won't need the safety inspection since your car is registered.
I may need to clear up something. In NV they will register it as year build replica, such as a 2014 replica of a 1955......You pay taxes based on the 2014 or whatever year that is for your car.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,863 Posts
Jack, IF the car has already been registered in another state (especially Az) and been on the road for a bit, the new owner may be able to just transfer registration to Nevada. Might not even have to go thru the smog or VIN verification process. Just present the title and bill of sale and it should go pretty smooth . . .

This story is a bit different if the car isn't completed and needs to go thru ALL the safety checks BS.

Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts