Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul;
To remove the Neutral Sense Switch, I jumpered ckt #199, LB/Y, and ckt #369, BK/W, at the C350 transmission harness connector.
This would be right since the switch is normally closed with the transmission in neutral, wouldn't it?
BTW, '88 Mustang harness.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
That is the one circuit which confused the hell out of me when I did my diet. Mostly that was because my '89 EVTM doesn't show the interconnection with the switch the clutch pedal. So I had to physically track the wires to try and figure out how they were wired. I think I remove the wires which attached to the neutral sense switch all the way back to where they join the clutch engage switch wires on the pedal box. I assume you do not have a neutral sense switch on the transmission?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul;
Yes, I do have the neutral sense switch on the trans.
I know some guys advise leaving the circuit in for either safety or convenience reasons but I want to eliminate anything not absolutely to avoid points of failure.
On p. 31 of my '88 EVTM it shows the Neutral Sense Switch and indicates that it's normally closed with the trans in neutral. The wiring goes back to the the C350 connector to the transmission harness.
I jumpered ckt #199, LB/Y, and ckt #369, BK/W, there. Is this right or am I off base?
The more I think about it, the more I think doing that didn't really have any effect on the EEC or other circuits that look at the condition of that switch.
I'm confused, too.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
If I had the neutral sense switch on the tranny I would have just plugged the harness into it and forgot about it. I have an aftermarket T5Z which doesn't have a place to install the switch. That's why I messed with the wires. The switch effects where the EEC will have the engine idle. It is wired in parallel with the clutch sense switch. Closed contacts on either supposedly bumps the idle up a bit because the EEC knows you are getting ready to engage the clutch.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think I may have outsmarted myself on this one.
Like you say "Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."

Thanks for your help. It's on to the engine harness now. I'll probably have more questions there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts