Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reportedly, he died from a brain tumor.

I normally don't pay mind to "celebrity deaths" but I when I was younger I was a drummer in a jazz band. Neal Peart was my favorite drummer and RUSH is my favorite band of all time. I was inspired when after many years he took "jazz lessons" and after already being the best rock drummer alive, he got better.

I enjoy all sorts of music, I have over 3,000 records and 85,000 songs in my iTunes but again, RUSH is my all time favorite and positively my favorite when I was young.

I've also seen over 1,000 live concerts and believe it or not, I've never seen RUSH. They disbanded a few years ago but now there's no possibility of even one reunion show for charity, etc.

Zillions of nerds across the world have played "air drums" to his drumming. I'll continue to do so when driving and listening to "The Spirit of Radio."

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was lucky enough to have seen them twice in concert. YYZed is still one of my all time favorites.

<iframe width="1280" height="853" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was pretty bummed when I heard the news. Rush is my favorite band as well, but I saw them about 8 or 9 times and was fortunate enough to see their final tour as well. The professor lives on in their music!

·
Super Moderator
29,329 Posts
A terrible loss. RIP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts