Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kids are back in school, xmas is comming fast, so money is tight. I cant afford new wheels yet, had the idea to paint my doner Mustang wheels a flat black to match the quick jacks and roll bar. Im thinking about only painting the front side of the wheels and not the back side. I power washed both sides, so I was thinking that the contrast might look good. What do you think, paint both sides or just the front side?

Thanks.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,916 Posts
I hate all black wheels myself. But that is just my opinion. I agree that flat won't look good for long.

John's look nice with the black and silver.

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Brian1967,
Yes, those wheels have knock off spinners.
Can't remember whose car it is.
The install of knock off spinners are in the archives.
Probably Carl Johnsons car, before he changed them to Halibrands style.

I installed knock off spinners on my Turbines, they really help the look. You can buy them from "Corvette South". It takes a little machining to get them to sit right on the rear wheels, but the fronts were easy.

I think a gun metal grey color would be better than black, if you want a darker look.

I have the complete instruction on how to install the spinners if you need them, Send me a Pm with your e-mail address.

These are the best I have ever seen the turbines wheels done up!..Not quite so simple though.:001_tongue:
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/55-tire-wheel-forum-sponsored-tire-rack/150934-turbines.html

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
LOVE MY BLACK WHEELS!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.