Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states.... I have a new (to me) factory five.

I have a car rental place in vegas and rent all kinds of cool/unique cars. I bought the cobra to add to the fleet.

For safety sake, I need a blinker setup and a horn on the wheel. No clue that it was a big deal when I bought the thing on a whim. It seems like the Russ Thompson setup is best, but I still cant figure out a horn.

Anyone solve this?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,556 Posts
If you do a search a few people have done it over the years. Nobody offers a horn button that I know of and I built my first one 22 years ago. I am on my 5th now and have been active on the forum for all those years. The challenge is the transfer of power from the button to a wire. Perhaps in the age of wireless everything you might be able put something in there to active that way. A simple push button that would fit inside would be all you need. I started making one and got as far as making the center disk spring loaded so it was like a regular horn button. I never got as far as the wiring. I have seen nylon rings with a copper face and a button that rides on that to complete the circuit once the button is activated. Good Luck with it, if you search you might come up with something.

·
Premium Member
18,205 Posts
AFAIK, there is nothing off the shelf that will do that. The best way (IMO) is to replace the entire column with an aftermarket piece; like Flaming River or Ididit.

·
Registered
62 Posts

I have a car rental place in vegas and rent all kinds of cool/unique cars. I bought the cobra to add to the fleet.

For safety sake, I need a blinker setup and a horn on the wheel. No clue that it was a big deal when I bought the thing on a whim. It seems like the Russ Thompson setup is best, but I still cant figure out a horn.

Anyone solve this?

Anyone solve this?

Anyone solve this?
Hi, I came up with my own mod for the horn button on the steering wheel center section. If interested in how I did my pm me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check out NRG quick release installation - allows any aftermarket steering wheel. Still some work to route the wires etc but may help.

·
Junior Charter Member
935 Posts
If I wanted a steering wheel mounted horn button I would use a steering wheel button like for a nitrous or line lock, with the coiled cord.

Otherwise you’re dealing with a lot of fabrication.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts