Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the paint today for my FFR. The painter should be in primer now or before end of next week the painter says. We will just wait and see though. He plans to shoot color next weekend or soon after that. I am almost 99% sure I want the main color to be Lambo titanium. I was planning on black stripes. I was also thinking about a really dark charcoal metallic or black metallic. Any ideas? Anyone seen a black metallic or have pics? Maybe I should just stick with black stripes and no metallic?

Is there any black that looks better than others? What is the black most are using for the stripes?

thanks guys. I hope this thing is done before too long. I will post pics.

John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
547 Posts
try to get a hold of Platinum
or do a search on this site. he has posted pics before
he has charcoal stripes.
did you see his car?

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
John,
I didn't a really dark stripe on mine. I thought the black took your eye away from the base color too much. So we added a few drops of black into the base color and made stripes slightly darker than the base Titanium. Looks awesome. I psosted a couple over a the other two forums if you want to take a look.
Thanks and good luck,
Todd Baumann

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
John,
I didn't really like a dark stripe on mine. I thought the black took your eye away from the base color too much. So we added a few drops of black into the base color and made stripes slightly darker than the base Titanium. Looks awesome. I psosted a couple over a the other two forums if you want to take a look.
Thanks and good luck,
Todd Baumann

·
FFCobra Fanatic
547 Posts
hey todd,
what is the status on your car?
is she running yet?

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
All back together but I have not been able to get it started yet. Gone through everything at least 10 times to make sure hooked up right but nothing.
Starting to get very frustrated.
Todd

·
3,701 Posts
Mine is Titanium with black stripes - and I really like the contrast. What do you have planned for the sidepipes? Mine are ceramic coated in black and I had the centers of my PS Engineering wheels painted black. So it sort of all ties togethor.

What are you going to do about perimeter stripes?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Todd, someone was telling me about your paint combo at the fling. I haven't seen the pics and I couldn't find them over on the other 2 forums either. Could you post them here or email them to me?

Also, let me get this straight. You just took the titanium color and added some black to it? That sounds easy enough. So do you think that would be similar to black metallic with the exception being that the black is even darker still?

thanks,
John

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John,
Your car looks awesome. I have Image wheels with powder coated gray centers. My sidepipes are currently getting coated silver. I am not sure what I will do about rollbar and quickjacks. I will probably paint them black for now (read cheap). I really think the black trim items like your's is really cool. I just already had the wheels and it is too much trouble to have them redone. I asked about black ceramic on the pipes and was told that the silver holds up much better and is stronger over time. I hope that the silver trim and the titanium paint will look good. I question whether or not there will be enough contrast between the trim and main body color. I am hoping that since the titanium is a little darker than a bright silver, and I also hope that the pipes polish out to almost a chrome finish to give even more contrast. It isn't going to be perfect but I hope it looks good anyway.

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
For my stripe I used BMW Slate Gray Metallic....

Less of a contrast to the Black. Both, however, look good.

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
John,
I am not sure if the black that he put in was a matalic or not, but with the Titanium and the metalic that it has, it probably looks like it is.
He added only a few drops, I am not going to tell you exactly how many just that it was more than one and less than 20. Sorry. Got to try and keep it somewhat unique. I emailed you a couple of pics.
I have not taken that many with a digital camera and don't have one. Have to borrow one to take them, and don't have a scanner to do that either. If you really like I can attempt to take more.
Whatever you do with the stripes you will love it.
Good Luck,
Todd

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Wayne,
Sorry but the car did not make it to anything that you have taking pictures of. I have some that I could email to you if you would like to see it. But for right now the only thing I have are a few that were taken just before it was totally finished.
Thanks,
Todd

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Wow, I can't believe I missed it, I took pictures of all but about 30 cars at the truck stop Saturday morning. Email me a picture.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Wayne,
You didn't miss it, it was not there. I was the one that had the dist. gear fail just before the Fling. I will get a camera and take some more and send them to you.
Todd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts