Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my car to SRP this weekend. I am thinking of a dark red metalic or jaguar red with white or silver stripes. Any pics of cars with this combination would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
My car was 1998 Dodge Viper Red/Chevy Truck White.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm going to go with Rangoon red and Wimbeldon white stripes. They are period correct colors that look great. Go to a auto show sometime and look at the shelby gt350's in these colors. I think the wimbeldon white looks so nice because it's not a pure white as most people paint.

Just my 2 cents,
Lee

·
7,097 Posts
If you're going the red route, how about a dark metalic red with just a hint of gold metal flake in the clear and a champagne gold stripe?

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is Ford E4 and Ford white.

bb460cobra

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I almost painted my car the same as Jim Pomeroy's old car. A very nice bergundy with silver stripes. Maybe someone can find a pic.
RR

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
Check my car. It is currently about 3/4's of the way down on page two under FFR1668 excellant results. pix by oldguy!
Bill

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Horizon,
I think the gold stripe would be good, but I need pics. I have little imagination for this.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Joe
Where in ORYGUN you located
TEC

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Joe
Where in ORYGUN you located
TEC

·
Charter Member
1,050 Posts
Consider ppg crushed glass opra red candy paint.I saw this at a car show and it was a show stopper. chuck

·
7,097 Posts
Joe,
Unfortunately, It was in my imagination.. I don't have any pics of that combo. But, Chuck R's Car is a deep red that is close to what I've suggested.

[ November 06, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Horizon200 ]

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
2002 Ford Matador Red Metallic with Infinity Pearl White stripes. The color is dark burgundy in the shade and has gold highlites in the sun. The stripes glow in the sun and look 6 inches deep. BTW, the stripes are a three-stage paint.

[ November 06, 2002, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: teamfour ]

·
Registered
500 Posts
Joe, and thanks Larry,
Viper Red is the way to go!
It is such a vibrant color, the reddest of red!
I get so many compliments on it!
Go with your gut!
Rick

·
7,097 Posts
There ya go Joe...look at Chucks car and then envision a pale gold stripe. With a Tan leather interior it would be awesome.

·
Charter Member
601 Posts
I've been planning on red with silver stripes since I first contemplated ordering a car, in late 2000.

I talked to many people about it, early on, and one thing stuck with me. This one guy, (I'm sorry I can't remember who it was, but I still have the picture of his car..) had a multicolor paint job, gold under red, I think. And he got a major scratch in it on the nose, from a rock or something while driving it.

Be careful about custom painting. When you mix bases and undercoats you end up with very attractive colors, hues, and changes in different lighting and at different angles, but, if you ever have need to re-paint a section from a scratch, accident or some other damage, you are, as they say, SOL. You will have a very difficult time matching. You will probably have to repaint the entire car.

If you're building a trailered show car, then fine, have at it. If you have lots of money, go right ahead. But if you are building a driver, you might want to think about sticking with a single color for the body and a single color for the stripes.

Me? 2000 GM "Magnetic Red" and I'm still not sure about the silver, probably a BMW color, something very bright, maybe "pearly"...

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.