Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've removed the metal emissions tube from the back of the heads.Does anyone know what size plug to replace the tube with.Thanks.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,522 Posts
Hey Smitty,
The size of the plug is 5/8-11. You might need to run a cleaner tap through the holes to get the carbon thats built up out of there. Another option thats simpler is to take that tube you cut off and cut the ends off and then install them backwards with the original bolt to block off the holes. Works in a pinch and nobody ever sees it back there. Good luck with it!

Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ford parts sells a plug for this hole, that looks like a threaded insert. It is used in the front of the head for accessory mounting, (alt., p/s, etc). Don't have the part # handy, but I can get it, if you want. A short 5/8 n/c bolt will work, but then the bolt head is showing. Might be a 3/4 n/c bolt thread, I'll have to look. :rolleyes:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Do the holes on the front of the heads go all the way through, or are they just threaded to allow for the accessories to attach? The front holes don't need to be plugged right?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope,no need to plug the front holes only the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts